The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Funding Masters at ULaw

Hi, some advice please. I’ve been accepted onto the MA Law sqe1 course at the University of Law and looking forward to starting in September. However I have a concern about the fees due. I’ll be relying on a loan from the SLC to pay my tuition fees which I am aware will not be released until the university have confirmed I have started the course. As the fees schedule states that fees are due on 1st September, will they be likely to take into account the fact that I won’t be able to pay a first instalment until my pg loan has been released?
Original post by Benjonesbp1
Hi, some advice please. I’ve been accepted onto the MA Law sqe1 course at the University of Law and looking forward to starting in September. However I have a concern about the fees due. I’ll be relying on a loan from the SLC to pay my tuition fees which I am aware will not be released until the university have confirmed I have started the course. As the fees schedule states that fees are due on 1st September, will they be likely to take into account the fact that I won’t be able to pay a first instalment until my pg loan has been released?

Hi @Benjonesbp1!

I am just finishing my MA Law (conversion) at the University of Law and was also relying on a loan to pay my tuition fees. I got in contact with the Student Finance team at the University of Law to explain my situation and had no issue paying it slightly late. Just to check that this is fine I would contact them at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0) 1483 216380. It is better to call if you want to get a prompt response and put your mind at ease, however, I am sure it will be fine as lots of students require loans to be able to study these courses.

I hope this helps and good luck on the course, I am sure you will have a great year!

Sophie :smile:
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending