The Student Room Group

Trigger Warning! Call for Participants - Dissertation Survey

Hey everyone!
I am still looking for participants in my online survey on trigger warnings that I am conducting as part of my dissertation. By participating, you will support not only my dissertation but also three master student.
Any participation is greatly appreciated!

Trigger Warning - Participants wanted!
Surely everyone has seen a trigger warning, whether it's on Netflix or online on social media. Yet their use is not without controversy.
Trigger warnings are understood to be advance information about content that can cause stress or unpleasant feelings such as anxiety, especially in people with previous mental illnesses.
But how are different trigger warnings perceived? We would like to find that out with your help!
Why is this important to know?
On the one hand, this allows to test whether they have any effect at all, on the other hand knowledge of this may help to better design such warnings to protect vulnerable groups (e.g., trauma survivors) from exposure to potentially stressful media content.
If you agree to participate in this research study, you will then be presented with differently worded trigger warnings.
After each warning, we will ask you to rate how you feel at the moment. The survey will be anonymous and will take about 10 minutes to complete.Interested? Click on the link below to participate:
https://www.soscisurvey.de/trigger/Thank you very much for your participation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending