The Student Room Group

2024 UK Drama School Auditions

Helloooo, probably very early to be starting this but starting a new thread for 2024 auditions as schools are opening applications in the next few weeks.
This was my first year applying and looking to get a head start this year for auditions! I applied to guildhall, central, arts Ed, rada , lamda, Bristol, royal birmingham and Oxford. I got second round from guildhall and central and final round for birmingham! Really hoping to get into somehwre this year!!
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im surprised this is already a thread. I accepted my place this year, is this your second year auditioning then?
Reply 2
Original post by Oatmilklattepls
Helloooo, probably very early to be starting this but starting a new thread for 2024 auditions as schools are opening applications in the next few weeks.
This was my first year applying and looking to get a head start this year for auditions! I applied to guildhall, central, arts Ed, rada , lamda, Bristol, royal birmingham and Oxford. I got second round from guildhall and central and final round for birmingham! Really hoping to get into somehwre this year!!

Good luck, took me 3 years but I got into 2 drama schools (rwcmd and rada), I’m in my second week at rada now, do message if you’d like any advice x
Reply 3
Original post by Aimmia
Good luck, took me 3 years but I got into 2 drama schools (rwcmd and rada), I’m in my second week at rada now, do message if you’d like any advice x

Congratulations!! What course are you doing at rada:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tac000
Congratulations!! What course are you doing at rada:smile:

Thanks , BA Acting
Reply 5
Original post by Aimmia
Thanks , BA Acting

That’s so cool! Would you have any tips for anyone applying to rada this year in general
Original post by Aimmia

Ahh omg thanks you and congrats!! This is my second year auditioning so looking back what do you think that you did differently this year when applying that got you a place ?
Hi everyone

My friend who got into drama school last year did this audition technique course at Central and recommended it !! For drama school applicants

https://www.cssd.ac.uk/short-courses/evening-courses/audition-techniques
(edited 7 months ago)

That's amazing! Congrats on your past success with auditions! This will be my first year auditioning for drama schools - can I ask what you did during this last year after not getting an offer last year? Also, do you have any audition tips you'd recommend? I'm also considering HNC/foundation courses in case I don't get onto a BA course this year. Wishing you the best of luck this audition season!
Reply 9
Original post by Aimmia

Hi congratulations on getting into Rada, Rada is my dream drama school and I was wondering what audition material you did but also what song because I’m stuck on choosing a good song to audition with xx
Reply 10
Is anyone applying for BA MT this year?
Reply 11
Is anyone applying to rada or lamda for technical theatre?
Reply 12

any advice would be welcoming please for my daughter looking to audition at a drama school
Reply 13
Is this her first time? It’s mine as well x

Original post by Pesky2of6
any advice would be welcoming please for my daughter looking to audition at a drama school
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 14
Yes it would be for September 2024
Original post by A_m_y12
Is this her first time? It’s mine as well x
Reply 15
Original post by Pesky2of6
Yes it would be for September 2024

Great, I can’t give incredible advice because it’s my first year but I can say to just pick monologues you are passionate about but your age range so don’t do a monologue which is a character of like 60 years old. Also ensure you know the play your monologue is from just so you can portray the character better. Which schools is she applying to ?
Reply 16
Original post by A_m_y12
Hi congratulations on getting into Rada, Rada is my dream drama school and I was wondering what audition material you did but also what song because I’m stuck on choosing a good song to audition with xx

Hey, thank you! I did shylocks speech from merchant of Venice and the winters tale Hermione speech.song wise I just did stay with me by San smith, i don’t really think it matters which song you choose. They don’t expect you to be prof singers, most importantly ensure you’re comfortable singing it(it’s in your range and you know the words). Really think about what the lyrics are and mean them, i think it’s about storytelling (communicating) through song rather than having a nice” voice
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Aimmia
Hey, thank you! I did shylocks speech from merchant of Venice and the winters tale Hermione speech.song wise I just did stay with me by San smith, i don’t really think it matters which song you choose. They don’t expect you to be prof singers, most importantly ensure you’re comfortable singing it(it’s in your range and you know the words). Really think about what the lyrics are and mean them, i think it’s about storytelling (communicating) through song rather than having a nice” voice

OMG thank you so much for the reply and helping it means a lot and the advice is very helpful honestly. May I ask what it’s like at Rada (sorry I know it’s so vague lol)
Reply 18
Hi There im noit sure we are just starting to look around now any tips anyone ?

Original post by A_m_y12
Great, I can’t give incredible advice because it’s my first year but I can say to just pick monologues you are passionate about but your age range so don’t do a monologue which is a character of like 60 years old. Also ensure you know the play your monologue is from just so you can portray the character better. Which schools is she applying to ?
Reply 19
Original post by A_m_y12
OMG thank you so much for the reply and helping it means a lot and the advice is very helpful honestly. May I ask what it’s like at Rada (sorry I know it’s so vague lol)

I can only speak for the first few weeks but it’s slow but not in a bad way, very detailed. Understanding but firm tutors. Strong Shakespeare/classical background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending