The Student Room Group

Official: University of Manchester A106 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Manchester A106 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259927

General info: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2024/01428/mbchb-medicine/
Entry requirements: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2024/01428/mbchb-medicine/entry-requirements/#course-profile

Offer holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7445489&p=99164681&page=1#post99164681

UCAT cutoff last year (non contextual, home, school leaver): 2750
Overseas cutoff: 2780
WP+ cutoff: 2620
WP++ cutoff: 2610

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

hey guys i got a ucat of 2820 b2 and my gcses are 99999888887. predicted A*A*A. is Manchester a good option for me to consider?
Original post by ilovemaths28
hey guys i got a ucat of 2820 b2 and my gcses are 99999888887. predicted A*A*A. is Manchester a good option for me to consider?

Obviously it is
Hi my UCAT is 2770 band 2 and I meet all minimum academic requirements, do you think it’s safe for me to apply? (I know the UCAT cutoff last year was 2750 so was just wondering)
Original post by Sfbshsrhrshsfnsf
Hi my UCAT is 2770 band 2 and I meet all minimum academic requirements, do you think it’s safe for me to apply? (I know the UCAT cutoff last year was 2750 so was just wondering)

would be risky i think
Original post by reubenn05
would be risky i think

Thanks for the reply

As others had said it could be risky, I would only consider applying to Manchester if you meet the criteria to be assessed holistically as they have a reduced UCAT threshold for those people!
Original post by Hotheaded
As others had said it could be risky, I would only consider applying to Manchester if you meet the criteria to be assessed holistically as they have a reduced UCAT threshold for those people!

I thought you had to be a contextual applicant to have a reduced ucat threshold which I’m not
I thought you had to be a contextual applicant to have a reduced ucat threshold which I’m not

yes, contextual applicants have a lower cut off, but there is also a holistic route for those who narrowly miss the cutoff
Reply 9
Do Manchester consider contextual candidates UCAT together and non contextual candidates together UCAT for undergraduate ?

Original post by reubenn05
yes, contextual applicants have a lower cut off, but there is also a holistic route for those who narrowly miss the cutoff
Original post by Ibmoahsa
Do Manchester consider contextual candidates UCAT together and non contextual candidates together UCAT for undergraduate ?

yes
Reply 11
sorry I know this specific Q . they have WP , WP+, WP++ , do you know if all included ?
Original post by Ibmoahsa
sorry I know this specific Q . they have WP , WP+, WP++ , do you know if all included ?

i think only wp+ and wp++, as these are the only groups eligible for contextual offer
Reply 13
great thank you for the reply

I wasn’t a contextual applicant- I got in with a below threshold score
Reply 15
Hi, how does one meet the criteria to be holistically assessed?

Original post by Hotheaded
Original post by Winz27
Hi, how does one meet the criteria to be holistically assessed?

you have to only narrowly miss the ucat cutoff (last year's cutoff was 2750), and then they look at personal statement, gcses, sjt band, contextual flags.
Reply 17
Hi, got ucat score of 2810 b2, and good gcses, is it a good idea to apply to manny for intv

and also i am only WP not contextual
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by 05zma
Hi, got ucat score of 2810 b2, and good gcses, is it a good idea to apply to manny for intv

Should be okay
Original post by 05zma

Hey that should be alright, cutoff was 2750

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending