The Student Room Group

A-Level Physics

Does anyone have any links to or tips for revision I could use for A-Level Physics?
Notes:
- CGP Revision Guide (best in my opinion)
- SaveMyExams for topic questions and past papers
- PhysicsandMathsTutor
Videos:
- Physics Online
- SnapRevise
- ZPhysics
- Science Shorts

Tips:
Practice, practice, practice!!! Do topic questions after each completed topic, mark it and notice where your weak points are and focus on them more. Towards the exam (3-4 months) just do past papers. Print the past paper, revise the entire syllabus beforehand and them treat the past paper like an actual exam. Mark it, circle the questions you got wrong, and learn how to answer it. Try to do 3 physics past papers each week assuming that you are taking 3 subjects total. That way you'll be revising 3 times a week and know the syllabus like the back of your hand. For physics more than theory its the questions that matter. So those questions that you circled previously in the past papers and topic questions, revise them before the exam and try them again without looking at the answer beforehand.
Websites:
IsaacPhysics
UndergroundMathematics (Mainly math, but helpful for physics.)
McGreevy's Website (Beyond A-Level Physics, which u might be interested in)
MIT's archives (More friendly introduction to beyond A-Level)

If you are looking for past papers to do, Physics and Maths Tutor is nice, but I recommend going to the actual websites of the exam boards, the papers load much quicker.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
Notes:
- CGP Revision Guide (best in my opinion)
- SaveMyExams for topic questions and past papers
- PhysicsandMathsTutor
Videos:
- Physics Online
- SnapRevise
- ZPhysics
- Science Shorts

Tips:
Practice, practice, practice!!! Do topic questions after each completed topic, mark it and notice where your weak points are and focus on them more. Towards the exam (3-4 months) just do past papers. Print the past paper, revise the entire syllabus beforehand and them treat the past paper like an actual exam. Mark it, circle the questions you got wrong, and learn how to answer it. Try to do 3 physics past papers each week assuming that you are taking 3 subjects total. That way you'll be revising 3 times a week and know the syllabus like the back of your hand. For physics more than theory its the questions that matter. So those questions that you circled previously in the past papers and topic questions, revise them before the exam and try them again without looking at the answer beforehand.

Thank you soo much!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Ignorabimus
Websites:
IsaacPhysics

If you are looking for past papers to do, Physics and Maths Tutor is nice, but I recommend going to the actual websites of the exam boards, the papers load much quicker.
Some 80 pages of AS physics notes (You can make a copy of the docs for personal edits and uses, it might not have everything, main stuff from AS spec of OCR)

Thank youuuuu!!!!
Reply 5
Wow this is so useful thank you so much 😭.
Reply 6
Original post by Ignorabimus
Websites:
IsaacPhysics

Some 80 pages of AS physics notes (You can make a copy of the docs for personal edits and uses, it might not have everything, main stuff from AS spec of OCR)

thank youu so much .

Quick Reply

Latest