The Student Room Group

TSA books?

I have done a few TSA papers in timed conditions and my scores have fluctuated a lot but the weighted scores are around 65-70.
To anyone who got a high score, did buying books or courses help?
Reply 1
Past papers available should be enough as there’s loads, and you can also use BMAT section 1 questions as they’re a similar format if you need extra practice. If you genuinely exhaust all of that and want more practice a question book might help (if it’s got new questions and doesn’t just copy past papers obviously). You probably don’t even need that though, it’s designed so all the material you need to prepare is freely available. Read the available question guide that’s too if you’ve not already, it really helps for critical thinking in particular. Books or courses that aim to teach you the TSA aren’t always worth it imo - it’s not really something someone else can teach you, it’s a skill you’re probably better off figuring out how to develop on your own. I did the TSA in 2019 and didn’t buy any books/courses, just used the free resources, and got 72 and ultimately an offer from Oxford. Though, I had no idea the question guide existed and if I had actually read it I think I would have done better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending