The Student Room Group

medicine 2024

Are all university applications for medicine in Scottish universities conditional? After interviews willI I not find out till August if I'm successful in getting a place?
Reply 1
Original post by a_rose6
Are all university applications for medicine in Scottish universities conditional? After interviews willI I not find out till August if I'm successful in getting a place?

Universities have to either give you an offer or reject you before a certain date in May/June. You then choose 2 top choices, sit your exams, and see if you met the offer conditions on results day (August). I don't know much about Scottish universities, but I would be surprised if any med schools in the UK were giving out unconditional offers to people who don't have achieved grades.
Reply 2
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help
Original post by Mell111
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help

check plymouth as well, I'm in a very similar situation but I got 2460 can you tell me the cut off scores of the unis you have mentioned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending