The Student Room Group

Cbse to gcse

hello, I have studies in dubai and have done my 10th grade cbse exam and i was converting my grades to gcse but they said that expect english other subjects will be converted..but english wont, Can someone please tell me what i can do to convert my english subject to gcse
Universities will consider the CBSE as equivalent to GCSEs in terms of general education, but I think what they might mean is that they need a specific English Language qualification, which CBSE generally isn't one of. Your options then are to take a specific English Language qualification - they'll obviously take a GCSE or an iGCSE in English Language, but many will take a range of other qualifications - I'd recommend looking at the IELTS, most places will accept that, there are test centres all over the world, and basically it is exam-only so it's a lot more convenient than something like GCSE. As well as the IELTS, the TOEFL and Pearson PTE Academic are also commonly taken.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DoctorJorts
Universities will consider the CBSE as equivalent to GCSEs in terms of general education, but I think what they might mean is that they need a specific English Language qualification, which CBSE generally isn't one of. Your options then are to take a specific English Language qualification - they'll obviously take a GCSE or an iGCSE in English Language, but many will take a range of other qualifications - I'd recommend looking at the IELTS, most places will accept that, there are test centres all over the world, and basically it is exam-only so it's a lot more convenient than something like GCSE. As well as the IELTS, the TOEFL and Pearson PTE Academic are also commonly taken.

oh thank you, I will try taking IELTS

Quick Reply

Latest