The Student Room Group

2023 John Locke Essay prize formal invitation

Hi all:

Has any shortlist candidate received the formal invitation so far?

Thx.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by william2304
Hi all:

Thx.

What is the formal invitation? I thought it would be a cute notice in my mail but I waited until Aug 15 and it never came. Are they only for like Phase 3 candidates orrr
Reply 2
I haven't. I was assuming that it should be sent on Aug 15, but still haven't received any update yet.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
No me neither. I haven’t received any emails from John Locke after the shortlist noticing.
me neither
Me neither
Reply 6
Maybe they have not sent anything out yet, thx everyone for your reply.
Hi all:

Thx.

No not yet. I got the email to say I'd been shortlisted on the 1st August but no formal invitation yet.
Any scams happening in U.K in recent months? Maybe the staff in Oxford just stopped working
Original post by 原神启动
Any scams happening in U.K in recent months? Maybe the staff in Oxford just stopped working

I mean strikes.....Sorry I typed it wrong
It could be that because they've had so many applicants this year it's taking them longer to get the invitations out.
Reply 11
Still have not received anything… not sure what’s going on…when is everyone’s ceremony? All on the 16/09 or different dates?
Reply 12
Still have not received anything… not sure what’s going on…when is everyone’s ceremony? All on the 16/09 or different dates?

Yep
Reply 13

Same date. it’s terrible they’ve not sent them out yet. how are people supposed to make travel and accommodation arrangements at such short notice
Reply 14
Exactly right, no idea how to book accommodation yet, not even sure the ceremony is still going ahead or not…
Reply 15
Anyone received any email so far?
Reply 16
Received about 20 mins ago
Reply 17
Original post by mod123456
Received about 20 mins ago

What did you received man
I also received mine a few hours ago. It included a schedule of the events taking place and a link to purchase tickets and reserve seats for the program. I’ve read people receiving theirs now on other threads so maybe yours is still coming through.
Reply 19
Yep I received mine as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending