The Student Room Group

Law essay comp year 12

Ive done the Robert Walker essay prize, and I'm currently doing the St Hughes college Oxford competition, as well as the John Locke essay comp. Anyone know anymore for y12? Also, anyone know of other useful extracurriculars that would be good for law (aside from lectures and reading book)?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hey Alex. I think volunteering with a legal organisation/charity or becoming a member of a law society would be useful extracurriculars for law.
Reply 2
Original post by Alex73323545
Ive done the Robert Walker essay prize, and I'm currently doing the St Hughes college Oxford competition, as well as the John Locke essay comp. Anyone know anymore for y12? Also, anyone know of other useful extracurriculars that would be good for law (aside from lectures and reading book)?

Cambridge University has a list of supercurriculars: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf
Reply 3
Original post by ShanLynn
Hey Alex. I think volunteering with a legal organisation/charity or becoming a member of a law society would be useful extracurriculars for law.

Hey thanks for the advice. My school has a Law Society, where we give presentations about the law and stuff so I think that counts? You reckon a week experience at a law firm is useful (ive heard people say they're not interested about whether youre interested in a career in law or not, but instead interested in studying the law)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending