The Student Room Group

Medicine or not?

Hi,
I am starting yr 13 in September i am predicted BBC in biology, psychology and chemistry. I got an A in biology and A in psychology and didn’t do good ay all in chemistry got an E- the subject i was revised for the most- anyways i was hoping to go in medicine and i have booked my UCAT. Leeds is my top choice and the entry requirements are AAA. I am really really stressed and I don’t know what to do.
So if i do amazing on the ucat and doesn’t do as well on my alevels- i wont get into uni.
If i get AAA in alevels and don’t get the required ucat score- i wont get into uni.
I am extremely stressed and unsure of what do with my life.
Anyone who could help it would be really appreciated
I would check for unis that don't use predicted grades when shortlisting. Some unis are more UCAT/GCSE based.
Original post by anayasyed
Hi,
I am starting yr 13 in September i am predicted BBC in biology, psychology and chemistry. I got an A in biology and A in psychology and didn’t do good ay all in chemistry got an E- the subject i was revised for the most- anyways i was hoping to go in medicine and i have booked my UCAT. Leeds is my top choice and the entry requirements are AAA. I am really really stressed and I don’t know what to do.
So if i do amazing on the ucat and doesn’t do as well on my alevels- i wont get into uni.
If i get AAA in alevels and don’t get the required ucat score- i wont get into uni.
I am extremely stressed and unsure of what do with my life.
Anyone who could help it would be really appreciated

is it possible to increase your predicted grades by achieving well in upcoming end of topic tests? if not, and you think you are capable of AAA at A-level, select unis that don't look at predicted grades, if you don't get an offer the first time then take a gap year and reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending