The Student Room Group

Medicine application

Hello,
I need some advice. I’m planning on doing Medicine at university so I’ve decided to choose chemistry and biology for A levels, but for my third subject i don’t know whether to pick RS (Religious studies) or English Literature.

Those two subjects (English Lit and RS) are the only ones i want to pick from for the last subject.

Which one would be best for my med school application?

Thank you so much!!
Reply 1
Original post by ksksbde
Hello,
I need some advice. I’m planning on doing Medicine at university so I’ve decided to choose chemistry and biology for A levels, but for my third subject i don’t know whether to pick RS (Religious studies) or English Literature.

Those two subjects (English Lit and RS) are the only ones i want to pick from for the last subject.

Which one would be best for my med school application?

Thank you so much!!

Hi! I'm currently going to start year 13 and finishing up my application for medicine. From what I've researched most medical schools focus on what subjects your first two are, so in your case are biology and chemistry which are excellent for medicine. Your third should be something which you are confident that you will be able to get an A in and most importantly enjoy as biology and chemistry are quite tough A Levels, and you will want something less challenging as a third A Level to ease your mind

So I would say whichever one you feel you perform better in as well as enjoy should be the one that you choose.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest