The Student Room Group

GSCE Results VS Predicted

I can't help but feel horrible by my results, especially compared to my friends who I usually do the same/better in subjects.

I've got:
Art: 7 (I was predicted a 9, so it's kinda a bummer)
Chem: 6 (Before consistently got an 8 with 2019 boundaries :frown: )
Bio: 6 (i suck at bio honestly I'm happy i scraped a 6)
Physics: 8
English Language: 7 (not sure how many marks off a 8, but my teacher said quite a few so not sure to get it remarked. sad because I used to get 9's every single mock)
English Lit: 8
French: 5!!! (I was predicted at least a 7, what were the grade boundaries??? I feel like getting my grade in French out of everything so low is like a stain on my very soul 😭)
History: 7 (skipped at least like a half of 2 papers not very sure how I did it)
Maths: 8
RE/RS: 9

I know this is silly to feel and I know I technically got high grades, it's just compared to my friends who came out with stellar scores compared to their predicted it makes it feel as if I didn't work hard enough or my luck with examiners just sucked. I genuinely feel as if some exams' grades are just wrong, because the work and effort I put in for French is definitely not 5 worthy.
My predicted in the same order would've been: 8876987679 Which is not a big change, just slightly higher and what I would've wanted out of these exams.
Further, I have absolutely no money to get anything remarked, so I have 0 hope of getting anything checked over. Can't believe GSCEs are pay to win, but they are .

Any thoughts? And are the grade boundaries harsher than 2019 or am I crazy?? :')
These are amazing GCSE results although I know it doesn’t feel it right now. The bottom of the line is that GCSE’s really don’t matter once you get into sixth form which you can get into practically any sixth form of your choosing with those grades. I really wouldn’t stress, a year from now you probably would have long forgotten what those numbers on the sheet even were.

Quick Reply

Latest