The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

When my college was putting in my predicted grades they inputed them wrong, putting in A*A*A whereas I'm actually meant to be predicted A*AA.
Will this mean any offers I receive will require theese higher set of grades as universities expect me to do better? Or do predicted grades not impact what offer you get made merely if you get made an offer?
Original post by Tom.s1
When my college was putting in my predicted grades they inputed them wrong, putting in A*A*A whereas I'm actually meant to be predicted A*AA.
Will this mean any offers I receive will require theese higher set of grades as universities expect me to do better? Or do predicted grades not impact what offer you get made merely if you get made an offer?

Generally speaking, predicted grades impact whether you get an offer or not, rather than the grades required by that offer.

You are likely to be expected to achieve the standard offer grades, even though your predicted grades are higher than they should have been.
Original post by Tom.s1

Hey,

Agree with above! The only thing it could impact is getting a conditional vs. Unconditional offer, but an unconditional offer is never guaranteed no matter the grades and is also based on other factors (such as your personal statement). I would contact your college/UCAS to see if they can change them/whether this will impact you and they will know most about your specific situation! :smile:

Best of luck with everything!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep (2nd year PhD Psychology)
Original post by Tom.s1

I don't think they'll ask you for higher grades. If they do, you'll be very unlucky since they normally give their standard offer.
As said, its will affect the likelihood of getting and offer, but the offer would be the same as with the lower grades and you would still be expected to get it in your actual results. So if you are applying to the same courses, the eventual end result, by results day, will be no different.
From helping my daughter to apply last year it seems that most Unis will make their standard offer, with a possible reduction if they like you.

However, Exeter offer was at my daughters predicted grades, above their standard offer - this was quite late in the recruitment cycle so I assume they did that because they weren't really sure they wanted her
Reply 6
Original post by ChiefBrody
From helping my daughter to apply last year it seems that most Unis will make their standard offer, with a possible reduction if they like you.

Lower grade offers are made for specific reasons - not 'because they like you'.
Original post by McGinger
Lower grade offers are made for specific reasons - not 'because they like you'.

:smile: that is sort of what I meant - so yes, a powerful /relevant personal, extracurriculars etc.

I think whether they like you or not is more relevant at Post Grad
Reply 8
Original post by ChiefBrody
:smile: that is sort of what I meant - so yes, a powerful /relevant personal, extracurriculars etc.

No. Lower grade offers are made to widen participation from lower socio-economic backgrounds - not because you did fancier w/exp or read a specific book. Those days are thankfully long gone - including 'liking' those from particular private schools or 'good addresses'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending