The Student Room Group

Finding a job in the UK from abroad

Hi, I am trying to understand what are the options for me in order to work in the UK at the moment.

I have lived in Manchester for 2y before COVID and got stuck in my country until past the deadline in 2019. I was in my country for health reasons and at the time COVID exploded.

I tried to do the application on the government website after the deadline since there was the possibility, provided evidence of health conditions, apartment rented in the UK previous years and proof that I worked there with my NIN and pay slips.

But got rejected because as they said, it was not enough.

Now I am trying to find a way to get back and work in the UK. I am aware I need a visa etc, but I also heard while visiting the UK that a lot of people is still working and renting without pre-settled status, I also was speaking with a friend living there and she said she had a family friend with a similar situation like mine, and got a job and rented an apartment.

So now I don't know if the government is just avoiding to check because of shortages everywhere, so they let you work and rent without the need to check the status, or something else.

From my point of view, I don't want to end up in jail or get deported, so I was looking for sponsored jobs in my sector, IT, but found almost nothing, it seems there's no will to sponsor.

I was thinking that maybe I can come and sponsor myself while working for someone, or open a company and sponsor myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending