The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance with A*A*A for E&M at Oxford?

Hi, I don’t know if I should even apply to E&M at Oxford since I currently have A*A*A (maths, econ, art) with A in econ. There’s no chance of it being changed either. I’ve done a few TSA papers and on average I get a raw percentage of around 75% but I don’t really think I stand a chance to other applicants with my subject combination and A grade in econ.
Reply 1
The entry requirements are A*AA with at least an A in maths. You exceed those requirements, so I don't see why your A-levels would ruin your chances.
can you improve your tsa percentage? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I don’t know if I should even apply to E&M at Oxford since I currently have A*A*A (maths, econ, art) with A in econ. There’s no chance of it being changed either. I’ve done a few TSA papers and on average I get a raw percentage of around 75% but I don’t really think I stand a chance to other applicants with my subject combination and A grade in econ.

It is one out of five choices so why not?
Reply 4
Yes but my family commented that A* in art might not be that highly regarded for E&M so I was worried. The majority of people I know that have been accepted into Oxford also usually are predicted as least all A* :frown:
[quote=eeeli;98823825]The entry requirements are A*AA with at least an A in maths. You exceed those requirements, so I don't see why your A-levels would ruin your chances.
Reply 5
can you improve your tsa percentage? :smile:

I will see, so far I have only done two papers 😅 but hopefully! I think I might be able to get it up to a 80% raw percentage which people have said should get me better chances?
Yes but my family commented that A* in art might not be that highly regarded for E&M so I was worried. The majority of people I know that have been accepted into Oxford also usually are predicted as least all A* :frown:

You can absolutely get into Oxford without all A*s predicted. There's a reason they make you do the TSA and interviews, and there's a reason they don't make the entry requirements A*A*A*. A lot of applicants worry that if they don't have straight A*s and straight 9s, they'll be rejected instantly. It's just not true, no matter how much it's repeated by family and friends and people on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending