The Student Room Group

Hi everyone, I’m new to the site. I have just completed my pre-recorded interview for UC Work Coach for the Mercia area. Does anyone have any idea on the time frame for a reply? Thanks in advance.
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Washbrook
Hi everyone, I’m new to the site. I have just completed my pre-recorded interview for UC Work Coach for the Mercia area. Does anyone have any idea on the time frame for a reply? Thanks in advance.

Hello hope you are alright, I just completed mine for the midlands region for the second time, the first time it took them four weeks to reply which was a rejection all the best for your scores sure you did great how do you feel it went?
Reply 2
Thank for your quick reply. This was also my second attempt from the interview I had in December 2022, it look just over 6 weeks then to get a response. I got five 4’s and one 3 so I think I was close. I did prepare for the first interview but did more on the second and certainly went more towards the 3 minute mark on my reply. I also used the STAR method, however saying that I am still doubting myself! How was it for you?
Reply 3
Thank for your quick reply. This was also my second attempt from the interview I had in December 2022, it look just over 6 weeks then to get a response. I got five 4’s and one 3 so I think I was close. I did prepare for the first interview but did more on the second and certainly went more towards the 3 minute mark on my reply. I also used the STAR method, however saying that I am still doubting myself! How was it for you?

Hello same as you I used the STAR better this time and used all the time available to answer, got 19 points a few months back which was quite disappointing I hope I do better this time feel I did better just frustrating at times as wish there was a chance for them to ask follow up clarification questions for anything we may potentially didn't get to say in those three minutes, I really hope I did enough this time as I'm desperate to get into the Civil Service or find another role going into the future.
Reply 4
Original post by ojl1993
Hello same as you I used the STAR better this time and used all the time available to answer, got 19 points a few months back which was quite disappointing I hope I do better this time feel I did better just frustrating at times as wish there was a chance for them to ask follow up clarification questions for anything we may potentially didn't get to say in those three minutes, I really hope I did enough this time as I'm desperate to get into the Civil Service or find another role going into the future.

Hello again, It sounds like this time you were much more prepared and so definitely improve on your previous scores. Fingers crossed we hear soon and it’s positive news.
Reply 5
Hello again, It sounds like this time you were much more prepared and so definitely improve on your previous scores. Fingers crossed we hear soon and it’s positive news.

Fingers crossed sounds like you did a better job and if you were close last time I'm sure you will improve your scores as well lets hope for positive news the freeze on recruitment for the civil service announced today worries me slightly.
Reply 6
Original post by ojl1993
Fingers crossed sounds like you did a better job and if you were close last time I'm sure you will improve your scores as well lets hope for positive news the freeze on recruitment for the civil service announced today worries me slightly.

Hello again, This is terrible news! All the effort we have put in might be wasted. In the next week or so I might contact the recruitment team to find out more, I will keep you updated. Sit tight.
Reply 7
Hello again, This is terrible news! All the effort we have put in might be wasted. In the next week or so I might contact the recruitment team to find out more, I will keep you updated. Sit tight.

Hello, I phoned the DWP Recruitment today, all existing campaigns will go ahead as normal. I was told an outcome could be a matter of days or just a few weeks. Hang in there!
Reply 8
Hello, I phoned the DWP Recruitment today, all existing campaigns will go ahead as normal. I was told an outcome could be a matter of days or just a few weeks. Hang in there!

Thanks for the update that is good news yeah had to wait four weeks last time just hoping for good news this time. Good luck to you as well.
Reply 9
my status has changed slightly to say this:
Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome.

so hopefully means ill find out soon :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ojl1993
my status has changed slightly to say this:
Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome.

so hopefully means ill find out soon :smile:

Hi there, You could potential hear now within a matter of days, definitely within the next 10 days. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Can I just double check with was for the Mercia 577 campaign?
Reply 11
Hi there, You could potential hear now within a matter of days, definitely within the next 10 days. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Can I just double check with was for the Mercia 577 campaign?

No sorry I was doing the 571 Staffordshire and Derbyshire campaign hopefully with it being so fast a change it will be positive :smile: all the best for yours as well :smile: fingers crossed
Reply 12
Hello again, Can I just ask the date you had your interview? It sounds so promising for you! Will you let me know your outcome. Here’s hoping for very positive news!!!!
Reply 13
Hello again, Can I just ask the date you had your interview? It sounds so promising for you! Will you let me know your outcome. Here’s hoping for very positive news!!!!

I will definitely let you know the outcome :smile: I did my interview on the 28th of September got the invite on the 25th but took some time to recover and prepare for the interview.
Reply 14
I did my interview on the 26th and the message has been the same since;

Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. Your application will now be reviewed by our team and you will be contacted soon with the outcome.

A friend of mine who also applied for this role has got his SJT results and is waiting feedback for the interview. I haven’t had my SJT results so not sure what that means !
Reply 15
Original post by ojl1993
I will definitely let you know the outcome :smile: I did my interview on the 28th of September got the invite on the 25th but took some time to recover and prepare for the interview.

OMG, that is superfast! I have a feeling you will be reporting very good news at some point next week. I am really excited for you!!! I had my interview on 26 September.
Reply 16
Original post by fgl_11
I did my interview on the 26th and the message has been the same since;

Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. Your application will now be reviewed by our team and you will be contacted soon with the outcome.

A friend of mine who also applied for this role has got his SJT results and is waiting feedback for the interview. I haven’t had my SJT results so not sure what that means !

I’m in the same situation as you for the Mercia campaign, interviewed on 26 September first thing as the 5 day expired then, message reads the same as yours. Let’s hope we hear some news soon.
Reply 17
I’m in the same situation as you for the Mercia campaign, interviewed on 26 September first thing as the 5 day expired then, message reads the same as yours. Let’s hope we hear some news soon.

I waited until the 5th day to do it, I wanted to prep as much as possible so hopefully their doing them on a first come first come basis. I’ll post updates accordingly !
Reply 18
I’ll do the same for you. Take care and good luck!!
Reply 19
Following this thread. I interviewed on the 26th Sept also and have the same generic response as above on the application centre. I don’t think I’ll have been successful as I was really ill when I had to complete it and stumbled over my words quite a lot. We shall see. I’ll update with my outcome anyway, when I get one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending