The Student Room Group

Customer Services Group; Executive Officer (EO) - Home Office - Various Roles

Had a quick search but couldn't see anything with this reference number (Reference : 283349)
(if anyone knows of a thread could they link me to it please, saves duplicates all the time)

Hs anyone applied for this? There are 150 available which I now believe means, building a reserve list for upcoming roles.

Closes tonight just before midnight, just need your personal details and a 250 word sift so could easily apply if you are interested.

link is Customer Services Group; Executive Officer (EO) - Home Office - Various Roles - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

Anyway, wondering if anyone has had an interview for it could share their experience. Questions that were asked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I've had a provisional offer for ADM at Stoke. Did online test, then video sift where you record yourself answering pre recorded questions then Online Assessment Centre which is a role play and written exercise.
Reply 2
Original post by Stephers75!
Hi, I've had a provisional offer for ADM at Stoke. Did online test, then video sift where you record yourself answering pre recorded questions then Online Assessment Centre which is a role play and written exercise.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty quick, has this been open for long?
The role play element puts me off a bit but I'll see what response I get.
Thanks for replying
Reply 3
I was just about to start a thread on this! :smile:

I applied for the role yesterday. Will keep this thread updated if I get to interview stage, etc...

It's a bit annoying not knowing exactly what the role is beforehand and apparently you'll only find out once you get a job offer and if it's not something you want (e.g telephony in a call centre) then it's like it or leave it. They won't make any adjustments or substitutions.

Hopefully a few of us have applied for this and can keep one another updated on their progress
Reply 4
Original post by Ruby Woo 83
I was just about to start a thread on this! :smile:

I applied for the role yesterday. Will keep this thread updated if I get to interview stage, etc...

It's a bit annoying not knowing exactly what the role is beforehand and apparently you'll only find out once you get a job offer and if it's not something you want (e.g telephony in a call centre) then it's like it or leave it. They won't make any adjustments or substitutions.

Hopefully a few of us have applied for this and can keep one another updated on their progress

Oh wow that doesn't sound good. It really does seem some departments in Civil Service are relaxed and flexible, then others are just the complete opposite.
I am only applying in the hopes of getting on another reserve list the actual role is too far away so they might no even progress mine further. If I get invited to interview I will update on here what questions are asked
Reply 5
Oh yeah, that was another thing that was mentioned too on the online webinar thing they did for this - not all roles for this are hybrid, some will be 100% based in office.

Again, if you get offered a 100% office based role your options are either accept or decline. They won't swap roles or offer you something else.

So it all seems a bit potluck really as to what you may be offered

I've thrown my name in the hat anyhow so fingers crossed. 🤞

Oh I don't think your distance away from the role will make any difference at all, after all if they think you're prepared to travel however far it is, they won't mind. I think they'll think that if you're applying, then you're fine with the distance and they won't care as they won't be the ones commuting.

Mind me asking why you're applying to get on the reserve list? Is it in the hopes of being offered something else but similar?
Reply 6
Oh yeah, that was another thing that was mentioned too on the online webinar thing they did for this - not all roles for this are hybrid, some will be 100% based in office.

Again, if you get offered a 100% office based role your options are either accept or decline. They won't swap roles or offer you something else.

So it all seems a bit potluck really as to what you may be offered

I've thrown my name in the hat anyhow so fingers crossed. 🤞

Oh I don't think your distance away from the role will make any difference at all, after all if they think you're prepared to travel however far it is, they won't mind. I think they'll think that if you're applying, then you're fine with the distance and they won't care as they won't be the ones commuting.

Mind me asking why you're applying to get on the reserve list? Is it in the hopes of being offered something else but similar?

I have been offered a role for another department so hoping something comes of that. But if not the reserve list finished soon (unless it gets extended which doesn't always happen) so I just want to keep my options open by being on another reserve should anything open up. It can be a similar job so just gives that bit more flexibility, So it's just like you, throwing my name in the hat, only a hat for many heads :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Oh of course, I've got my name in for a few jobs as well and been offered two, but still going to keep my options open and then decide which one is best suited for me.

Best of luck in your endeavours, keep us posted on how you do in this one! X
Reply 8
Oh of course, I've got my name in for a few jobs as well and been offered two, but still going to keep my options open and then decide which one is best suited for me.

Best of luck in your endeavours, keep us posted on how you do in this one! X

I believe that is the best way to go about these jobs, especially when the recruitment is such a long winded process. I just want to get my foot in the door and then see where I go from there.
I will surely update if anything comes of it, good luck all of yours too, I hope something good comes of them soon.
Reply 9
Yeah I'm the exact same, get a foot in the door and then see where it takes me!
Original post by JDSensations
Oh wow, that sounds pretty quick, has this been open for long?
The role play element puts me off a bit but I'll see what response I get.
Thanks for replying

I applied in Feb. Had email to start NSV today. The role play is fine, although bit strange, because you're obviously acting!
Reply 11
Hi guys, has anyone been invited for this interview? Anyone done it yet? Please kindly share tips and questions to expect. Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by K-max
Hi guys, has anyone been invited for this interview? Anyone done it yet? Please kindly share tips and questions to expect. Thanks

Hi,
No word yet of interview still just says application received on the portal. I haven't looked at the behaviours yet but I think thee were only 2 or 3 so should be handy enough to work out what they might ask

*edit - Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:

Making Effective Decisions

Leadership

web link to all the documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles -

Page 7, the key words they will be looking for are listed here consider these in your interview answers
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717274/CS_Strengths_2018.pdf

page 8 is EO level, what they expect from you in your answers
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
Thanks so much for your response… really helpful

Original post by JDSensations
Hi,
No word yet of interview still just says application received on the portal. I haven't looked at the behaviours yet but I think thee were only 2 or 3 so should be handy enough to work out what they might ask

*edit - Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:

Making Effective Decisions

Leadership

web link to all the documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles -

Page 7, the key words they will be looking for are listed here consider these in your interview answers
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717274/CS_Strengths_2018.pdf

page 8 is EO level, what they expect from you in your answers
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf
Has anyone done the verbal reasoning test for this yet and if so, what was it like?
Has anyone passed the sift or been invited to interview for this yet?

Anyone know anything more about the type of EO roles these might be?
Reply 16
Has anyone passed the sift or been invited to interview for this yet?

Anyone know anything more about the type of EO roles these might be?

Not heard anything yet for interview stage.
I'm sure you'll hear back soon as I only sent in my application on the eleventh hour of the last day to submit!
Reply 18
I'm sure you'll hear back soon as I only sent in my application on the eleventh hour of the last day to submit!

I did pretty Much the same. Have you had anything back yet?
Yes, I passed the sift and have been invited to interview, but haven't done it yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending