The Student Room Group

Executive Officer IMIU Remote Operations Hub

Has anyone applied for this role above? I completed everything by the 28th of November and I still haven’t heard anything back yet. Has anyone received an offer for this role?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Shaae143
Has anyone applied for this role above? I completed everything by the 28th of November and I still haven’t heard anything back yet. Has anyone received an offer for this role?

Nope, only heard of 4 people who have been offered and there was 100 positions at feltham
Reply 2
Original post by TD23
Nope, only heard of 4 people who have been offered and there was 100 positions at feltham

I wonder what’s taking them so long to respond to people, I did see a few people saying they got offered the role, I guess there’s still hope as there were 100 positions. Hopefully we get an offer soon.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
I wonder what’s taking them so long to respond to people, I did see a few people saying they got offered the role, I guess there’s still hope as there were 100 positions. Hopefully we get an offer soon.

I tried to follow up & they just said they are still reviewing applications so i guess we will just have to wait
Reply 4
Original post by TD23
I tried to follow up & they just said they are still reviewing applications so i guess we will just have to wait
If I hear anything I’ll let you know, so far there’s still no response
I had my interview in late November and an offer in December.
Reply 6
Original post by mumofboys2468
I had my interview in late November and an offer in December.
Really congratulations, when do you start?
Really congratulations, when do you start?
Thank you Mid march, seems to be a staggered intake so don't loose hope to those that have not heard yet.
Reply 8
Thank you Mid march, seems to be a staggered intake so don't loose hope to those that have not heard yet.
Im hoping this is the case, there were 100 positions for feltham
Reply 9
Original post by TD23
Im hoping this is the case, there were 100 positions for feltham
We will probably hear something in the next week or so as they’re still reviewing applications. I hope we can get the roles and start in April
Reply 10
We will probably hear something in the next week or so as they’re still reviewing applications. I hope we can get the roles and start in April
Im thinking our start dates will be a little later, like June/ July due to pre employment checks, they will probably onboard one wave of people then move on to the next set of people - does anyone live near to feltham ? How will you guys get there
From offer to start date i would allow 3 months its a long process! There is public transport and also free shuttle links from the train stations. Just check they cover all times of the day due to the shifts.
Reply 12
Original post by TD23
Im thinking our start dates will be a little later, like June/ July due to pre employment checks, they will probably onboard one wave of people then move on to the next set of people - does anyone live near to feltham ? How will you guys get there
No I don’t live near feltham, I’ll be taking the train. Is the role remote or office based? That’s true I forgot how long the pre employment checks are. When I applied I didn’t realise how long the whole process was going to take.
Reply 13
No I don’t live near feltham, I’ll be taking the train. Is the role remote or office based? That’s true I forgot how long the pre employment checks are. When I applied I didn’t realise how long the whole process was going to take.
I believe the training is remote & is around 3 weeks long, I did read in another thread that there may be a possibility for remote work at the discretion of managers and also dependant on workload
Original post by TD23
I believe the training is remote & is around 3 weeks long, I did read in another thread that there may be a possibility for remote work at the discretion of managers and also dependant on workload
Hi All, Just found this website / link by chance as looking for updates and similar newbies like myself etc . :-) I got the job offer start of 2024, am going through a very long vetting process now (over 2 months now and still ongoing) with lots of security, personal checks etc currently as they are very thorough of course and agree a good few months of checks, references etc are required before job offers actually are on the table so do not worry if it take a long time - this is normal for HO roles. In regards to above comment and speaking to the immigration hub support team (they are very useful / helpful) training will be in person and either at your base location (if they can accommodate was told) or take place in Croydon HQ and 3 weeks is correct for duration. was told remote work for this role will be rare when on shift at the start as will need to be on / near base location ready for deployment when required at short notice. Shaae143 - I am located within within 5 miles of Feltham base location - no direct trains site but as mentioned by someone a timed pick up service from Staines, Feltham and Hatton cross service is available and various bus routes running past / near to the site at Bedfont Lakes. There is some local parking to be found with a walk but lots is permit only and seen there is 100 parking spaces onsite but unsure who these will be allocated too. Ie. Staff or Managers / seniors etc. I Look Forward to meeting everyone who takes the job and sounds a very exciting and different role. Cheers Dave.
Reply 15
Original post by DelboyDave
Hi All, Just found this website / link by chance as looking for updates and similar newbies like myself etc . :-) I got the job offer start of 2024, am going through a very long vetting process now (over 2 months now and still ongoing) with lots of security, personal checks etc currently as they are very thorough of course and agree a good few months of checks, references etc are required before job offers actually are on the table so do not worry if it take a long time - this is normal for HO roles. In regards to above comment and speaking to the immigration hub support team (they are very useful / helpful) training will be in person and either at your base location (if they can accommodate was told) or take place in Croydon HQ and 3 weeks is correct for duration. was told remote work for this role will be rare when on shift at the start as will need to be on / near base location ready for deployment when required at short notice. Shaae143 - I am located within within 5 miles of Feltham base location - no direct trains site but as mentioned by someone a timed pick up service from Staines, Feltham and Hatton cross service is available and various bus routes running past / near to the site at Bedfont Lakes. There is some local parking to be found with a walk but lots is permit only and seen there is 100 parking spaces onsite but unsure who these will be allocated too. Ie. Staff or Managers / seniors etc. I Look Forward to meeting everyone who takes the job and sounds a very exciting and different role. Cheers Dave.
Hi thanks so much for this info, nice to have someone actually on the inside now as information for this job is so limited. Have you received a start date & contract?
Original post by TD23
Hi thanks so much for this info, nice to have someone actually on the inside now as information for this job is so limited. Have you received a start date & contract?
Hi TD23, am not 100% in yet unfortunately :-) but been chasing them periodically and been chased for more info etc consistently when they need for further personal checks, references etc - I think its generally quite a lengthy process vetting wise but with the nature of the work and job role its to be expected. Am hoping things are progressing successfully further, but we will only receive start dates and contracts etc once all vetting / references are complete was told so its a waiting game. A little different from most jobs i think but a friend of mine works at Airport terminal immigration and went through the same process. Fingers crossed hope you hear something soon.
Am interested to see how many people have actually been recruited thus far and have start dates and contracts?
Reply 17
Original post by DelboyDave
Hi TD23, am not 100% in yet unfortunately :-) but been chasing them periodically and been chased for more info etc consistently when they need for further personal checks, references etc - I think its generally quite a lengthy process vetting wise but with the nature of the work and job role its to be expected. Am hoping things are progressing successfully further, but we will only receive start dates and contracts etc once all vetting / references are complete was told so its a waiting game. A little different from most jobs i think but a friend of mine works at Airport terminal immigration and went through the same process. Fingers crossed hope you hear something soon.
Am interested to see how many people have actually been recruited thus far and have start dates and contracts?
Hi thanks for all the info, there is another thread on this forum November 2023 Illegal Migration Intake Unit - Intake Response Team - Immigration Officer Where they are also discussing the role, there are people who have been issued a contract & start date also, i believe @mummyofboys2468 has started the role in march for feltham :smile:
Reply 18
Been emailed yesterday that I am on the reserve list :smile:
Have you started yet? How has the first day(s) been and any advice to someone whose starting soon? Hope your getting on well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending