The Student Room Group

Oxford language admission test

I’m studying for the CAT. Latin prose and poetry. I’m having a hard time finishing the practice tests in the 1 hour time frame. I can usually get through about 70 percent of the text in time. On the actual test later in the week, What should I do when time is running out? Should I try to skip to the end and quickly translate a few words? Is it important that I finish the whole text? I guess what I’m asking is : is it better to have 70 percent really good or 100 percent decent? How is the test graded? If I was running out of time on a multiple choice teat, I would put C C C as answers. Not leave blanks. But what do I do when running out of time on translating? Any tips / tricks for classics (or other language) applicants? Thanks!
How did you do on the actual test? Did you finish everything in time?
sorry for not seeing this earlier (i've spent most of my time prepping) but i found this interesting link that might be useful in assessing how you've done? there's a markscheme (it's for Cambridge) but i'm sure it's fairly similar: https://doxa.co.uk/undergraduateresources/acing-the-translation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending