physics-5
computer science-5
engish lang-6
english lit-6
biology-6
chemistry-6
geography-6
arabic-7

i want to study medicine at university preferably uni of birmingham as its close to my house and i dont want to move out. i meet the entry requirements except for maths so im thinking of resitting bio chem and maths in june and hopefully getting a higher grade. so my question is if i get a good ucat have good work experience and good predicted grades and basically everything else in my application is good then what are the chances of me getting into medical school specifically uob. Because they take gcse grades into high consideration. thank you in advance.
Original post by Ayah_07
Here are my gcse results
french-4
maths-5
physics-5
computer science-5
engish lang-6
english lit-6
biology-6
chemistry-6
geography-6
arabic-7

i want to study medicine at university preferably uni of birmingham as its close to my house and i dont want to move out. i meet the entry requirements except for maths so im thinking of resitting bio chem and maths in june and hopefully getting a higher grade. so my question is if i get a good ucat have good work experience and good predicted grades and basically everything else in my application is good then what are the chances of me getting into medical school specifically uob. Because they take gcse grades into high consideration. thank you in advance.

Honestly, Birmingham would expect at least 5 A*s at GCSE (more if non contextual). Most applicants have 7+ 8/9 grades. You would be able to get into university to study medicine but Birmingham would not be the best option with your grades so far
If medicine is what you really want don’t get too hung up over where you want to study, it’s really competitive and you can apply locally but most people don’t get a huge amount of choice into which exact uni they want to go to
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending