The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

combined honours degree for history and politics?

i’ve had a look for the course summary for history and politics (what modules i’ll be doing/choosing/are complusory), does anyone have the link to the specifics for this as i can’t find it on the history/politics combined degree page on the UoL site?
Hi there,

Typically in a joint honours program, you will typically do all the compulsory modules of both programs, then if you do have free modules you an choose from either program modules.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Typically in a joint honours program, you will typically do all the compulsory modules of both programs, then if you do have free modules you an choose from either program modules.

in the first year for politics there’s compulsory modules for all of it - does that mean i’d be taking all of those compulsory modules alongside all of the history compulsory modules, meaning i’d do over the normal amount of modules for 1st year? or would it just be a select few and if so is there a way of finding out which ones?
Original post by larakeenan
in the first year for politics there’s compulsory modules for all of it - does that mean i’d be taking all of those compulsory modules alongside all of the history compulsory modules, meaning i’d do over the normal amount of modules for 1st year? or would it just be a select few and if so is there a way of finding out which ones?

Having had a look, I couldn't find anything useful. I think you need to contact the two departments in question directly and ask.
Original post by larakeenan

Okay, thanks for clarifying this. No, you would expected to do 120 credits, like on other programs. I have looked again online to see if I find anything more on the module selection but I could not see anything. As a result I would recommend that you contact the department for more information regarding this. Sorry that I can't be more useful with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending