The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KU Cost of Living Support: Student Pantry

With the ongoing cost-of-living crisis, rising grocery prices and the financial challenges of the Christmas season, it's not uncommon for some Kingston University students to be feeling a bit of a strain on their pockets.

If you feel like you're struggling to make ends meet and need a bit of support, on top of Kingston University's financial hardship and Back on Track funds, you can now make use of the KingsGate Student Pantry, open Sundays from 1:30-3:30pm during term time at Kingsgate Church, 161A Clarence Street.

This first-come, first-serve weekly pantry charges only £5 for £25’s worth of food, personal hygiene and essential household cleaning items. Feel free to pop by for a tea or coffee whilst picking up your groceries, or tune into the live healthy budget cooking demonstrations and access the optional pastoral support and signposting to additional services available.

The KingsGate Student Pantry is designed to help KU students who need additional support during these times, but it can particularly help if:
- You need to be referred to additional support services - such as food banks - but don't know.
- You want to cook nutritious food on a student budget.
- You want to help the environment and reduce food waste.
- You struggle to afford food.

The pantry starts this Sunday (19th November), and is run by local volunteers ranging from students, KU staff and general community volunteers.

If you want more information, feel free to check out the Cost of Living Support page on MyKingston for any updates regarding the pantry. Otherwise, I hope any KU students who might be in a bit of a pinch have found this helpful! :biggrin:

- Eve (Kingston Rep).
Reply 1
Will it be open this Sunday 23rd of December?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by k1359613
Will it be open this Sunday 23rd of December?

Hi @k1359613!

As far as I'm aware, the pantry may be closed on Sunday 23rd due to the date falling outside of term time, but I would advise getting in contact with the KingsGate Student Pantry Team on Twitter/Facebook (@KGSPantry) for confirmation. 🙂

Eve (Kingston Rep).
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending