The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KU Freshers: Finding Your Way Around Campus

Whether it's your first time stepping foot on campus or you're a seasoned attendee of our Head Start and Open Day events, finding your way around your main KU campus during Welcome Week can take a couple of days to fully figure out. :smile: Luckily, the KU App has a few features you can use to your advantage to make sure you don't miss out on any of your all-important course induction - here's a breakdown on some of them below!

Room Finder - Under the Find Icon in the KU App
Do all of your timetabled lecture locations seem like a never-ending series of jumbled up letters and numbers with no real meaning? Well, Room Finder is the feature for you!

Type that classroom - for example, PRJG0001 - into the search bar, and it'll flash up the campus (PR - Penrhyn Road), building (JG - John Galsworthy), floor (Ground - 0) and room number (0001). I know that I used Room Finder constantly in my first week or so and found it super helpful - especially for any campus acronyms I was unfamiliar with!

Maps - Under Maps Icon
Whilst Google Maps can be a great tool to use if you're looking for your best route to campus, it's unfortunately not exactly useful when trying to find a particular building or section within Kingston University! Luckily, the Maps section in the KU App gives a detailed breakdown of the inner workings of each campus, whether that's the locations of the Information Centres, nearby bus stops or any of your lecture theatres. You can even add frequent locations to favourites, or see what's nearby you currently!

Find Your Way - Welcome 2023 Header
If you're just getting to grips with the UK public transport system, the Find Your Way section under the Welcome 2023 app header can be extremely helpful in providing you with information on local buses and trains. There's also the free KU bus that travels across all campuses and halls of residence - you can keep up to date with its current location through the Live KU Bus arrivals or KU Bus Tracker.

Student Ambassadors
Finally - if you STILL can't find your lecture hall, look for any students wearing a yellow KU Student Ambassador shirt, or head to the nearest reception. They'll be able to point you in the right direction and give you any necessary assistance. :biggrin:

If you've any questions, remember (as always!) you can just drop them down below and we'll respond as soon as possible.

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending