The Student Room Group

reapplying

So basically im currently studying at uni (first yr ) after missing out on my top choice on results day but now after i appealed i got the marks i needed. I think i was going to reapply with my current achieved grades (AAA) + all 8's + 9's at GCSE. Do you think I would have a chance with any of these uni courses? I have the grades but obviously, comp is stiff but with my alr achieved grades + a good PS i thought i may have a chance?!

UCL : History Politics and Economics
KCL: History and Political Economy
LSE: Economic history + History (2 separate courses)
St.Andrews: Economics and Modern History
(edited 4 months ago)
With good grades plus a year of university study your application should be strong. Make sure your referee from your university is aware of your exam grade appeal improving your results (and the timing of that meaning that you chose to start your current degree)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
With good grades plus a year of university study your application should be strong. Make sure your referee from your university is aware of your exam grade appeal improving your results (and the timing of that meaning that you chose to start your current degree)

should I mention in my PS that im studying at uni rn? thing is course im doing is finance so isnt exactly related to those courses haha
Original post by anynomous1
should I mention in my PS that im studying at uni rn? thing is course im doing is finance so isnt exactly related to those courses haha

You only need to include it in your education history, whether you include anything about it in your PS is up to you. In most cases, (like yours), it is not relevant to your suitability or motivation for the new course so I would not bother.

Admissions staff don't need to read that you didn't like the subject/uni or decided to change direction. They can infer that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending