The Student Room Group

Is Litcharts worth it?

I've been considering getting a litcharts subscription for English Literature A-level. Particularly because at my school we study quite unknown texts that don't have that many resources. Is it worth paying for it/are there any other better and/or free resources?

By the way, I want to buy it in particular to help me study Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and The Lonely Londoners by Sam Selvon.
Original post by essie15
I've been considering getting a litcharts subscription for English Literature A-level. Particularly because at my school we study quite unknown texts that don't have that many resources. Is it worth paying for it/are there any other better and/or free resources?

By the way, I want to buy it in particular to help me study Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and The Lonely Londoners by Sam Selvon.

Hi I didn't get the subscription but it is really good. What texts are you doing? I did Rebecca by daphne de maurier, the color purple and translations by Brian friel
Maybe try PMT or sparknotes
Reply 3
Original post by Hatekittens12345
Maybe try PMT or sparknotes

Sparknotes just isn’t doing for me and what really appeals to me about lit charts are those pdf study guides they have. And PMT only has one of the texts I’ll be doing.
Reply 4
Original post by Hatekittens12345
Original post by essie15

Hi I didn't get the subscription but it is really good. What texts are you doing? I did Rebecca by daphne de maurier, the color purple and translations by Brian friel

I do The Lonely Londoners, Heart of Darkness, A streetcar named desire, the taming of the shrew and the handmaid’s tale.
Hiya, I am also studying heart of Darkness and Lonely Londoners and was wondering if you decided to subscribe to Litcharts and if you found it useful as I have also been debating the same thing
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by libbieb
Hiya, I am also studying heart of Darkness and Lonely Londoners and was wondering if you decided to subscribe to Litcharts and if you found it useful as I have also been debating the same thing

I also do lonely Londoners and heart of darkness and I’ve found it very useful as it has quotes by each characters so you don’t have to do much over viewing the book
Reply 7
Original post by libbieb

Yes, I found it very useful. I was struggling to understand the book as a whole and its key themes, but Litcharts has defintely helped me with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending