The Student Room Group

Pmt and savemyexams notes vs textbook?

Are pmt and savemyexams notes detailed enough for a 9 in gcse sciences, I have cgp books but I heard there not detailed enough so are pmt and savemyexams notes good enough coupled with past papers for a 9
I would recommend comparing the notes within PMT, save my exams and CGP books. Personally I think that save my exams is more detailed than PMT, however, CGP books really helped me to understand the basis of all the topics first, and sometimes looking at different things simultaneously builds a really sound knowledge base. Past papers are definitely the way to go, even if you don't start them until you know the content a bit better.
Original post by Myaccount61616
Are pmt and savemyexams notes detailed enough for a 9 in gcse sciences, I have cgp books but I heard there not detailed enough so are pmt and savemyexams notes good enough coupled with past papers for a 9

Personally for me i think savemyexams is so good it has a variety for all content I am currently working at a grade 9 in biology and i would say that savemyexams is a real help assisted with pmt past papers becuase you eventually realise that for the past paper questions there are only a certain amount of questions that they can actually most of them end up repeating in some shape or form so going over them is what got me a 9 in my recent mock. Although savemyexams requires you to pay for subscription i think you can cancel it at any point if you dont think you are learning from it but you can also check out the 10 free pages they have monthly to see the sort of notes they have on it.
Hope this helps! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest