The Student Room Group

tips?

in year 10 my main strength is maths imo and physics but the rest like bio,chem,geo,english language im not that good.im making flashcards for evry topic now on anki for the memory type subjects but not for ones like maths or english lang. do you guys have any advice i rlly need to ace my gcses
Reply 1
I would recommend practising questions as this will help with exam technique. It is also a good idea to look at the specification as this will also help you know what to revise. It is also important to ask your teachers for help if you need it.
If you have any specific subject questions then I may be able to help with them
Reply 2
biology,chemistry,english language
Original post by hardy-panacea
in year 10 my main strength is maths imo and physics but the rest like bio,chem,geo,english language im not that good.im making flashcards for evry topic now on anki for the memory type subjects but not for ones like maths or english lang. do you guys have any advice i rlly need to ace my gcses

First, learn the content: you haven't learnt all of it in school so start learning now.
actually care, now do exam questions and flashcards. like slowly and start off at a very low pace. like 10 a day. then when you get into year 11 double it. and keep doubling your flashcard workload every month. so just slowly increase the volume. and take things seriously in yr 11. you have a year.
Original post by hardy-panacea

From my experience:

Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

If you have gaps in your science knowledge, I would recommend watching YouTube videos which explain every info, practical, etc... (E.g. Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons!)

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!

Quick Reply

Latest