The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

scheduled learning and teaching hours

I have a question about course BA media and communication!

I saw some information about BA media communication and Unlike other course, scheduled learning and teaching hour is extremely less than other courses, is there a special reason?
Hi,

What other courses have you been comparing it to? With some courses it can be that there is more time for independent study especially when it's an art and design course projects are usually very self led, meaning you need more time to be working on them independently or in groups and just a few hours a week for lectures and tutorials to help you navigate projects and get feedback. I can understand there may be a concern when it comes to tuition fees compared to the amount of scheduled learning time you receive, but I think it's reassuring to remember that your fees also go towards the equipment and recourses that you will be using in self led learning time as well as scheduled. Also the briefs and projects you will be working on are tailored to be industry focused so you leave with a strong portfolio that employers are looking for. Trust me you will be busy, if this is your concern :smile:, it's a great opportunity to experiment, use the facilities and get feedback while doing this. In my first year I have learnt that it's about using your initiative and taking advantage of the recourses while they are available, I feel it prepares you for becoming even more independent for when going into a future career and navigating that independently.

I would definitely recommend coming to an open day, if you have not already, so you can see what you might be getting up to in your scheduled learning time and speak to current students about their experiences on the course. The next one is Saturday 27th April.

I hope this helps and any more questions please feel free to ask :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending