The Student Room Group

HWSF

Hi, I have received a conditional offer for Harris Westminster Sixth Form for starting in September 2023. My friends and I are very excited but I have seen a number of threads saying negative things. So, I guess my question is how people view the stress and work load at harris and if you think it is a good school in general. I am planning on studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography.
Reply 1
I got an offer for 2023 asw, one of my friend's brother went to hwsf and said that the work load is pretty high due to the schools high expectations and that most students study 4 a levels. I guess all we can do is go to the school in september and see for ourselves.
Original post by fifimac
Hi, I have received a conditional offer for Harris Westminster Sixth Form for starting in September 2023. My friends and I are very excited but I have seen a number of threads saying negative things. So, I guess my question is how people view the stress and work load at harris and if you think it is a good school in general. I am planning on studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography.

I got an offer too! I have actually spoken to some people who went there and they said that the teaching and teachers there are excellent as well as the opportunities you are presented with!
One of them said the work load was fine for them and that they really enjoyed their time there. Another agreed but also did mention that you really do need to take some time for yourself to relax sometimes as there is a higher workload.. you know, take care of yourself and whatnot. someone else had really disliked it there at first but after they stayed for some time, came to really enjoy it!
i know a few people also who had left it bc o the stress but i thunk its more about persevering and getting used to the workload and making better use of time so that we can have more time to ourselves to relax. I hope we can all get in this September... good luck on your exams and i hope that helped! i guess the school just needs a bit of getting used to.
I studied at hwsf and I thought it was a really good sixth form. You'll meet really interesting people there and the teachers are always happy to discuss things with you. If you like your subjects and think "learning is amazing" you will enjoy your time at hwsf :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I go to HWSF, and my personal advice is avoid the school. There’s a bunch of useless things there that really will not help you at all… you’re forced to do mandatory CP’s where you spend 2 hours a week learning some completely random content that will most likely add nothing valuable to your life . The standard of teaching very much varies from subject to subject, and you are forced to do 4 A-Levels for the first year. The school is very, very oriented towards the modern society, so as such, prepare to be absolutely bombarded with issues like Race, LGBTQ and Gender. It’s gotten so bad that you can’t even call the teachers Sir or Miss anymore; doing so makes you a misogynist and a bigot. If you think you can handle all that, then HWSF is the place for you. I’m simply giving you my firsthand opinion based on my experience of the school. You do meet a large diversity of people here, and it’s only a few teachers that really drag the school down (you’ll find out who very quickly…)

If you need to get into contact or need any tips, I’ll do my best to help . Just don’t fall for all the sugarcoating that the school will try push your way.
Original post by am_rzq
Hi, I go to HWSF, and my personal advice is avoid the school. There’s a bunch of useless things there that really will not help you at all… you’re forced to do mandatory CP’s where you spend 2 hours a week learning some completely random content that will most likely add nothing valuable to your life . The standard of teaching very much varies from subject to subject, and you are forced to do 4 A-Levels for the first year. The school is very, very oriented towards the modern society, so as such, prepare to be absolutely bombarded with issues like Race, LGBTQ and Gender. It’s gotten so bad that you can’t even call the teachers Sir or Miss anymore; doing so makes you a misogynist and a bigot. If you think you can handle all that, then HWSF is the place for you. I’m simply giving you my firsthand opinion based on my experience of the school. You do meet a large diversity of people here, and it’s only a few teachers that really drag the school down (you’ll find out who very quickly…)

If you need to get into contact or need any tips, I’ll do my best to help . Just don’t fall for all the sugarcoating that the school will try push your way.

I have a few questions about the school that I would really appreciate if you could answer

Are you able to drop an A-Level in Year 13?
Is the week schedule as hectic as it looks? Because there is loads of stuff like the CP you mentioned but all in all do you find it difficult to manage?
Are you allowed to bring in an iPad to lessons for note taking? Or do they only let you use pen and paper
How are the pe sessions, heard you have to make your own way to the venues?

Also from the induction day + interviews earlier i can begin to understand which teachers you may be referencing....

Thank you in advance for answering!
Original post by 123kitchencele
I have a few questions about the school that I would really appreciate if you could answer

Are you able to drop an A-Level in Year 13?
Is the week schedule as hectic as it looks? Because there is loads of stuff like the CP you mentioned but all in all do you find it difficult to manage?
Are you allowed to bring in an iPad to lessons for note taking? Or do they only let you use pen and paper
How are the pe sessions, heard you have to make your own way to the venues?

Also from the induction day + interviews earlier i can begin to understand which teachers you may be referencing....

Thank you in advance for answering!

also what subjects are you feeling the poor standard of teaching

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending