The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What is the average contact time for a part-time masters in law at Exeter?

I won't be living in Exeter, so I'm wondering how many days a week I'd need to travel. Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
I won't be living in Exeter, so I'm wondering how many days a week I'd need to travel. Thank you.

Hello,

I have gathered some information to help you get an insight into the day on campus. Part-time LLMs are spread throughout two academic years and students thus take 30 credit taught modules each term. The LLMs are currently being reviewed and modules are being turned into 15 credit modules so part-time students would take two 15 credit modules per term over four terms (terms 1 and 2) before writing their 60 credit dissertation (under the supervision of a member of staff) in term 3 of their second year. 

In terms of teaching hours, this means 15 hours of teaching / learning activities per taught module.  All of this will be in person with no hybrid or online elements.

The timetable will be released at the beginning of the academic year, it would be difficult to comment on how these contact hours translate into grouped days on campus as it is entirely dependant on room and academic availability. Hopefully knowing the number of contact hours per module and per term will reassure you that it won't be a requirement to be in every day of the week though.

I hope that this helps - do let me know if you have any further questions I can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hi, Could you now provide what this schedule looks like? Thanks
Original post by deelee321
Hi, Could you now provide what this schedule looks like? Thanks

Hi deelee321

Each student will receive their personal timetable at the start of the academic year after selecting the modules they will be studying. For part-time students this may look very different as modules will run at different times of the year and there may be a particular order to take the modules over the minimum 2 years for part-time study. Based on our previous response you can get an idea of how much time is required when studying part-time. You can glean a lot more information from our module descriptors https://law.exeter.ac.uk/currentstudents/postgraduatemodules/2023-24/. Each descriptor shows key details like the term it runs in, learning and teaching schedule and how the module is assessed. Detailed module descriptors for the 2024/25 academic year are not available yet.

Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending