The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Education 2030 - A Second Year Cyber Security Student's Perspective

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts and experiences with Education 2030, the new way of teaching introduced at DMU. As a second year student, I have found the block teaching format to be incredibly beneficial and useful to my learning journey.

One of the main advantages of Education 2030 is the focused 'block' teaching format. Instead of studying multiple subjects simultaneously, we now have the opportunity to dive deep into one subject at a time. This approach allows us to fully immerse ourselves in the material, giving us the space to properly absorb and understand the content before moving on to the next module.

From my personal experience, this focused approach has made a significant difference in my academic performance. With the dedicated teacher contact time, our tutors are readily available to provide support and address any questions or concerns we may have. The smaller class sizes also allow for more personalized attention, fostering a supportive and nurturing learning environment.

Another aspect that I particularly appreciate about Education 2030 is the regular and faster feedback we receive. After each block, we receive our assessment marks and feedback promptly. This means we can continuously improve and build upon our knowledge, rather than having to retain information from multiple modules until the end of the year. It has made the learning process more dynamic and engaging.

Furthermore, the logical connections between modules have been instrumental in deepening my understanding of the subject matter. Each module builds upon the knowledge gained from the previous one, creating a cohesive course structure. This has enabled me to make meaningful connections and see the bigger picture in the field of Cyber Security. It's truly rewarding to witness how each module contributes to my overall growth and development.

Lastly, I must mention the convenience of the exam schedule under Education 2030. With the block teaching format, exams are held at the end of each module. This means we can focus our energy and preparation on one subject at a time, leading to a more efficient and effective study routine. It has greatly reduced the stress and pressure associated with juggling multiple exams simultaneously.

Overall, Education 2030 has provided me with a supportive and nurturing learning community, where I can fully engage with my studies while also maintaining a healthy study-life balance. The block teaching approach has allowed me to develop a deeper understanding of each subject, facilitated logical connections between modules, and provided a convenient exam schedule.

I highly recommend embracing Education 2030 and taking full advantage of the opportunities it presents. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want to discuss further.

Best regards,

Ilya :smile:

Second Year Cyber Security Student
Interesting stuff, thank you for sharing
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending