The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Toy Soldier
I'm not even going to answer that.

Why not? It's a perfectly valid point. How can you possibly see a priceless Stradivarius instrument as merely 'a piece of wood with strings on it'?? That's like saying that the Mona Lisa is just a piece of canvas with some paint on it.
Reply 21

hehe I saw that -hmmmm look at the last picture - were typewriters widely uses in the 1700's?
kew96158
That's like saying that the Mona Lisa is just a piece of canvas with some paint on it.

Well if you want to get technical - it is.

See, I'm not saying that art being "priceless" is wrong, or such things being on display for people to be inpired by and admire. What I am against some private collector paying £1m for a violin when there are people in the world who literally have nothing. Can you understand that?
Reply 23
Toy Soldier
Well if you want to get technical - it is.

See, I'm not saying that art being "priceless" is wrong, or such things being on display for people to be inpired by and admire. What I am against some private collector paying £1m for a violin when there are people in the world who literally have nothing. Can you understand that?

hey - remember this is a funny thread :s-smilie:
historyhoney
hey - remember this is a funny thread :s-smilie:

Yeeeaaah but I never got the joke anyway. My humour is a little less... err... sophicated :biggrin:
oh come on people, I would kill even to LOOK at one of those - if it was real!

As for stupidity (as seen on tv - news!)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=324&item=5555108995&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Latest

Trending

Trending