The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Hi guys!

I am a international students applying for PPE[I was shocked by only 4% acceptance rate in 2023 ]
grades are A*A*A*A*A[chineses,social,economics,math,chem][unlike the stereotype of Chinese students ,I am not really good at math , so I am a little bit worry about the Hugh quantitative contents within LSE syllabus]hahaha
Good luck for everyone!
Original post by 18423047456
I am a international students applying for PPE[I was shocked by only 4% acceptance rate in 2023 ]
grades are A*A*A*A*A[chineses,social,economics,math,chem][unlike the stereotype of Chinese students ,I am not really good at math , so I am a little bit worry about the Hugh quantitative contents within LSE syllabus]hahaha
Good luck for everyone!

The China Maths curriculum is more advanced than the UK A-Level standard. So you should be fine to cope with the demands of the quantitative papers at almost any LSE degree programme. :smile:

It was 6%, for the ratio of places to offers made. It is without a doubt insanely competitive with more than 16 applicants competing for each place?! :frown:

So please work on 'polishing' your UCAS Personal Statement, and make yourself really 'stand out' amongst the competition. :wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
The China Maths curriculum is more advanced than the UK A-Level standard. So you should be fine to cope with the demands of the quantitative papers at almost any LSE degree programme. :smile:

It was 6%, for the ratio of places to offers made. It is without a doubt insanely competitive with more than 16 applicants competing for each place?! :frown:

So please work on 'polishing' your UCAS Personal Statement, and make yourself really 'stand out' amongst the competition. :wink:

Hahaha, actually I stopped to study the China Maths curriculum since grade 10, and i have already uploaded my personal statement since I have to cope with the Oxbridge admission deadline in oct 15th[btw, I have guessed more than 7 questions in this year TSA, so I think I probably don’t have a chance to get in haha].However, thanks to your reply, I think I have a quiet satisfactory PS which combined both my own motives and my extensive academic experience among these three subjects, so i hope this ps can touch the heart of LSE admission manager hahah. Good luck for you too!
Original post by 18423047456
Hahaha, actually I stopped to study the China Maths curriculum since grade 10, and i have already uploaded my personal statement since I have to cope with the Oxbridge admission deadline in oct 15th[btw, I have guessed more than 7 questions in this year TSA, so I think I probably don’t have a chance to get in haha].However, thanks to your reply, I think I have a quiet satisfactory PS which combined both my own motives and my extensive academic experience among these three subjects, so i hope this ps can touch the heart of LSE admission manager hahah. Good luck for you too!

Have you considered Anthropology? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending