The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so no1 did aqa then lol. :frown:
Reply 41
Soulfish
Let me see if I can remember the question I couldn't answer in the P2 exam today....

I think it was

1 + tan^2 theta / 1 - tan^2 theta = cos 2 theta

well you get sec^2 x / (1- sin^2x/cos^2x) = = 1/cos(2x).

can you finish it from here?
Well?
Reply 43
<message deleted>
Wtf
Reply 45
Does anyone know where we can get the answers to the papers??? Just outta interest.
Bhaal85
Does anyone know where we can get the answers to the papers??? Just outta interest.

try mathsnet.net
It's another forum (sorry d) where maths students go over maths papers.
P.
Reply 47
Unregistered
try mathsnet.net
It's another forum (sorry d) where maths students go over maths papers.
P.

Thanks.
Reply 48
bhall - did u manage to find the answers? i cant find em on mathsnet's forum.
Reply 49
Wata
bhall - did u manage to find the answers? i cant find em on mathsnet's forum.

No, not yet. But its a good maths site.
lou p
I have no idea when they come out either! Our college diaries normally tell us every date possible... but they miss out maths results... it'll be before christmas shouldn't it?

I jus did S1 with OCR, i thought it was ok, there was one question i couldn't do. i had 2 sets of results and I had to work out where the regression lines of y on x and x on y meet on a graph. i had no idea... but i put some rubbish down (it was so wrong), but it was only worth 3 marks. the rest i thought was ok. in the summer i panicked in the exam, ran out of time (as did most people) + got stressed about my philosophy exam in the afternoon. this time i was slightly calmer (but not that much... but i wasn't sick which was an improvement) + i was much better with my timing.

good luck everyone with the results (whenever they apear!)

lou xxx

Lou,

The regression lines of y on x and x on y meet at x mean, y mean.

David.
Reply 51
Unregistered
Lou,

The regression lines of y on x and x on y meet at x mean, y mean.

David.

yep all regression lines pass through (xbar,ybar)
Wata
i knew i got the 8x bit wrong. but got the 11 up bit right so at least 1 mark out of the three. wow.

Hi did S1 resit today How easy was it got a C last time,Fingers crossed should do better this time
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That exam was really hard and horrible ! i think i did worse in this resit than in the one in June! Whats your opinions?

Has anyone obtained the P1 Nov Paper? or even better the answers?
Reply 54
My mates did D1, one predicts a D, one an A, another 100% and my best mate says a B, because he had a poor one on the Chinese Postman bit (AQA paper). At least he feels he improved on a U oops!

I was able to have a look (since our Maths teacher is also the examinations officer and he is well safe!) and from a glance I reckon I would have caned it!
Reply 55
Unregistered
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That exam was really hard and horrible ! i think i did worse in this resit than in the one in June! Whats your opinions?

Has anyone obtained the P1 Nov Paper? or even better the answers?

Which board?
theone
well you get sec^2 x / (1- sin^2x/cos^2x) = = 1/cos(2x).

can you finish it from here?

I think the question was:

(1-tan^2 X)/(1+tan^2 X)=Cos2X

L.H.S. (1-tan^2 X)/sec^2 X (As (1+tan^2 X)=sec^2 X)
(1/sec^2 X)-(tan^2 X/sec^2 X)
(cos^2 X)-(sin^2 Xcos^2 X/cos^2 X)
cos^2 X - sin^2 X=cos2X=R.H.S.
ne1 got aqa answers? p1, p2. i have a very bad memory and cant remember the questions. :frown:
Have/are people resitting the P1 exam because they didn't do too well in june 2003? I thought i did really well in that paper but i guess because it was easy and everyone did well the UMS mark brought everyone down. Did any1 get any higher than 90% as i can rarely find any1? Plus, did any1 find the edexcel D1 paper in June 2003 really hard aswell? Harder than normal?
Reply 59
Unregistered
Have/are people resitting the P1 exam because they didn't do too well in june 2003? I thought i did really well in that paper but i guess because it was easy and everyone did well the UMS mark brought everyone down. Did any1 get any higher than 90% as i can rarely find any1? Plus, did any1 find the edexcel D1 paper in June 2003 really hard aswell? Harder than normal?

I got 100 in P1 in June 2003!

Let us know how everyone gets on tomo with their reit results! Im gettin M1 results tomo and im abit worried about it being too easy and the uniform marks bring my mark down!

Latest