The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Profesh
Stop crying, and tolerate me for who and what I am. If you can't do that, ignore me. You're not obliged to read what I post, for crying out loud.

I don't think that anybody appreciates the wording you use whilst posting on this forum.

Please don't claim it comes naturally, as it quite obviously doesn't. Nine tenths of people on this forum don't actually have a Masters in English Language, and so it will be rather annoying to read your posts.

In fact, I think a lot more people would find you interesting if you decided to use 'ordinary' words..
Reply 61
endeavour
Lol, bad post me thinks.

Probably. I simply didn't think it possible for one person to command that much power. Caught off-guard, methinks :rolleyes:
Reply 62
Profesh
Probably. I simply didn't think it possible for one person to command that much power. Caught off-guard, methinks :rolleyes:

hit squads roam these parts...
Reply 63
afireinside©
Please don't claim it comes naturally, as it quite obviously doesn't.

Oh, the tiresome assertions you make.
Profesh
Oh, the tiresome assertions you make.

I'd be interested to hear a 5 minute sample of an everyday conversation that you have!
Reply 65
afireinside©
I'd be interested to hear a 5 minute sample of an everyday conversation that you have!

"piss off mate" might be it :biggrin:
technik

Hahahaha, good one! :biggrin: :biggrin: *thump!!*
Reply 67
technik

Only five minutes, to pronounce three whole words? It must be a record.
Profesh
Only five minutes, to pronounce three whole words? It must be a record.

I think the point he was trying to get across, would be the general reaction of 99% of all people upon hearing your 'supposed' way of speaking.
Reply 69
afireinside©
I think the point he was trying to get across, would be the general reaction of 99% of all people upon hearing your 'supposed' way of speaking.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and assumed it was an asinine attempt at humour. As a "point", it leaves something to be desired; forethought, for example.
Reply 70
the seller has now added a clue that says it does have some value and would be wanted by someone... doubt it's worth $5000 though. and he seemed really up himself the way he's written it

lou xxx
Reply 71
Profesh
Sixty points of positive rep'. Crikey.

Well, I think I can afford to retire, for the time being :rolleyes:

Christ. Oh, how that second gem shines.

I got 192 for a 3-word post! I am liked!

I'll rep you (again, I think?) as soon as I can get round to it. Because I'm nice.
lou p
the seller has now added a clue that says it does have some value and would be wanted by someone... doubt it's worth $5000 though. and he seemed really up himself the way he's written it

lou xxx

I wonder what type of person would bid so much on something they have no clue about..

It's weird..
Reply 73
2 5 +
Christ. Oh, how that second gem shines.

I got 192 for a 3-word post! I am liked!

I'll rep you (again, I think?) as soon as I can get round to it. Because I'm nice.

192?! On aggregate, or all-at-once?

If the latter, then clearly, there is a God in our midst.
Reply 74
Profesh

Oh, the total of the 4 positive comments for it. 64 points per word. Though I'm sure I've said that before.
Profesh

Obviously the latter. He has several gems, meaning he's exceeded 192 points overall.
Reply 76
What's the point in knowing fancy english if no one understands it?
Reply 77
I may sell my air guitar on ebay. Dunno if I can part with it though...
Reply 78
danmint
What's the point in knowing fancy english if no one understands it?

That's a common conceit: 'no-one understands it'. You'd be surprised as to how many positive rep' points I've acquired on account of my "eloquence". Discredit it if you will, but there are those who actually enjoy such nuanced prose; language for the sake of itself: svidrigailov is but one example.
Reply 79
Profesh
That's a common conceit: 'no-one understands it'. You'd be surprised as to how many positive rep' points I've acquired on account of my "eloquence". Discredit it if you will, but there are those who actually enjoy such nuanced prose; language for the sake of itself: svidrigailov is but one example.

You know you are probably extending peoples vocabulary. People should be a bit more grateful. I learnt three new words from you today :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending