The Student Room Group

Some guys tells about others girls they are pretty in front of the girlfriend?

I was in a Mall with my Boyfriend and he told me he saw a very beautiful and sexy woman and someone like her will be never with him .
I start to complain about that and told him that's not very appropriate to say. And he's answer was :" you're very obssest about your Boys Band too you know? It's the same thing "
Like how is it the same thing? Its just a Band who I listen to, I don't have pictures with them in the phone, posters, or anything. He just know I listen sometimes.
I mean, I was (rather arrogantly) told that Brits are “just different than Americans” when it comes to relationships; any passive-aggressive remark to your partner is brushed off as British banter and insults are seemingly part of the love language.

But this can’t be acceptable or normal anywhere under any context. On top of being a jerk, he is truly an idiot - who would honestly tell their partner how sexy was the girl they just saw and then compare that to being a fan of a music band? Like him being such an idiot alone should be a reason to break up with him.
Reply 2
Original post by Elena.T
I was in a Mall with my Boyfriend and he told me he saw a very beautiful and sexy woman and someone like her will be never with him .
I start to complain about that and told him that's not very appropriate to say. And he's answer was :" you're very obssest about your Boys Band too you know? It's the same thing "
Like how is it the same thing? Its just a Band who I listen to, I don't have pictures with them in the phone, posters, or anything. He just know I listen sometimes.

A false equivalence on his part XD. You have every right to complain!
Original post by Elena.T

Haha my partner obsessed with the boyband “BTS” whilst I hate to stand them even though I’m learning more about her personal interests and hobbies I make the effort to listen and accept it -_- yet for one moment I would never say or even say a word against my partner especially if another girl was in front of me
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
I mean, I was (rather arrogantly) told that Brits are “just different than Americans” when it comes to relationships; any passive-aggressive remark to your partner is brushed off as British banter and insults are seemingly part of the love language.

But this can’t be acceptable or normal anywhere under any context. On top of being a jerk, he is truly an idiot - who would honestly tell their partner how sexy was the girl they just saw and then compare that to being a fan of a music band? Like him being such an idiot alone should be a reason to break up with him.

Thank you for your opinion! I thought I'm so crazy lol . But he's the problem here. 🙄
Reply 5
Most couples would allow each other a celebrity hall pass, like it’s never really going to happen. This is slightly different and taking the ****, particularly if you don’t like it. Tell him he’s right and if he wants to continue being with you to cut it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending