The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What makes you think that? Surely there are obstacles in place to prevent cheating?
Reply 2
Orly? Where is this evidence of which you speak?
Reply 3
thats what I thought but if you google stuff about cheating on student investor there are a lot of posts by old members admitting to cheating before so if it happend then it still could easily happen!
please elaborate
Reply 5
well if your a member go on the site now log in and check out the league table. notice anything strange? check the percentage growth of the top two teams!50% growth at 2:30am when the market is closed???i think not!theres a lot of other things but theyre complicated...
Have you thought of reporting it as dodgy behavior?
Reply 7
Well I noticed it a while back.I told a few mates from school.They all sent messages to the admin team.and they came back with, o we cant discuss other teams accounts with other members!
i jus messaged them this,
Dear admin staff,

I am writing to you as a result of suspected cheating from at least two teams in this competition.

Virtually bankrupt and The Cockels both seem to have large percentage growth after the closing hours of the FTSE and on weekends. As I write this message to you they have both an apparent growth of 30-60%, it is 2:00am Saturday morning. This is a joke!
Whats more I have noticed this many times. So have other team members participating in the compitition.

Both of their graphs also look suspect. One of them has a code on the y-axis of the page which seems to look like exponential code? The other has only a graph going up to 12th January, it is the 17th!

I'm sure your aware it took Warren Buffet, the worlds richest man several years to to reach $1 million from an initial investment of $100,000 in the stock market. However, it took these two teams to reach £1.5 million in just a matter of months!

The list of evidence I have is almost endless and I also have screen shots of it all.

Please may you investigate this matter further.

Many thanks
Reply 8
I noticed that. My team is still on like £100k.

They probably exploit the 5-minute thing; the actual stock prices are announced 5 minutes before SI updates theres. They probably have parents who do it for a job and tell them what to buy, and have a Bloomberg subscription (which costs like £25k/year or something).

Just be happy in knowing they probably have no life and it's not actually real money. :smile:
AHh nice. Haha gosh I wonder how they did that!

What teams are you?

We're MACEMEISTERS :biggrin: we were like in 310 place until one of our team mates sold ALL of our shares and we're currently like 2000 or something :biggrin:
Reply 10
lolz ouch..the two teams are "the Cockles" and "Virtually Bankrupt"

we are in the top 50 :P

and i still doubt it because they grow even when the stock market is closed...and as for the 5 minuites, its actaully 40 minuites not 5 but the thing is that you need to hold the shares for at least 24 hours before selling and who knows what the price will be in 24 hours.

Can anyone who thinks it's unfair that this is going on just message the admin team and show your support for other teams that deserve to be in the top two positions?

Many thanks
Reply 11
We are ranked 117 :smile:
Even Wareen Buffett the worlds richest man took 6 years to convert $100,000 into $1000,000
Reply 12
nice! and if you read the meassage above that i sent to the admin team thats exactly what i said :P
Reply 13
I overlayed the top 2 teams graphs, very simular 0.o

Reply 14
They have to be cheating.
They had a growth of 47% the other day.
How is that possible if the maximum share only increased by 32%?

My teams well out of it. We're in the top 500.

Anyone noticed there being like a difference of 500k between 1st and 4th?
Reply 15
Calabrian
They have to be cheating.
They had a growth of 47% the other day.
How is that possible if the maximum share only increased by 32%?

My teams well out of it. We're in the top 500.

Anyone noticed there being like a difference of 500k between 1st and 4th?

Can you prove the 47% increase?
If So please post, and contact ifs, this needs to be sorted.
Reply 16
cru_jo0
Can you prove the 47% increase?
If So please post, and contact ifs, this needs to be sorted.

I didnt screen shot it, but surely ifs have records of these things?

If something similar happens again, ill print screen it and contact ifs with the screenie.
Reply 17
hmmm but theyre may have been more than one share that increased that day....so it is possible that they made 47%

I do agree...they are cheats but we need some concreate evidence...and we need everyone messaging admin staff either way...they cant ignore all of us if theres enough of us...

when my friends messaged them they said theyre not at liberty to discuss other member's account with him....

sounds like they know theyre cheating but not sure how and are trying to fobb us off!
Reply 18
the team that won this one year (from round this way) won by investing it all in a football club who's shares rocketed, they had no business accument whatsoever lol
Reply 19
This is annoying:

They achived that on a Sunday.....and the only thing to be up was funds by 0.30%

Can anyone explain? Am i missing some money making magic?

Also last night about 12:30am the league tables went down...

Latest

Trending

Trending