The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship : Work permit for international students

Hi everyone!

I’m an international student , thus I don’t have a UK work permit. Some degree apprenticeships require a visa/permit ; however , I don’t get one thing. Is it required before the application , or after I receive an offer? Because , if it is after I receive an offer , I can get the work permit easily by approaching to the embassy. But , as I can’t get the work permit before I receive an offer , there is no way for me to even start the apprenticeship. I hope I was able to explain my dilemma. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Not_creative
Hi everyone!

I’m an international student , thus I don’t have a UK work permit. Some degree apprenticeships require a visa/permit ; however , I don’t get one thing. Is it required before the application , or after I receive an offer? Because , if it is after I receive an offer , I can get the work permit easily by approaching to the embassy. But , as I can’t get the work permit before I receive an offer , there is no way for me to even start the apprenticeship. I hope I was able to explain my dilemma. Thank you!

Hi

The United Kingdom offers a post-study work visa program for international students who have graduated from a UK educational institution. This program, known as the Graduate Route (previously known as Tier 1 Post-Study Work Visa), allows students to live and work in the UK for a period of up to two years after completing their studies.

To be eligible for the Graduate Route, students must have completed a degree program from a UK educational institution, and they must have been enrolled in the program on a full-time basis. Additionally, students must have maintained their Tier 4 student visa status throughout their studies.

One of the benefits of the Graduate Route is that it allows students to gain valuable work experience in their field of study, which can be beneficial for their future careers. Additionally, the program can provide students with the opportunity to network and make professional connections in the UK.

To apply for the Graduate Route, students must complete an online application, and submit it, along with required documents and fees, to the UK Home Office. The application process can take several weeks, so it's important to plan ahead and apply well in advance of the desired start date.

It's also worth noting that the Graduate Route is only valid for two years and it's not a path to permanent residency in the UK, however, there are other options for international students who want to work in the UK long-term such as Tier 2 work visa, Tier 1 entrepreneur visa, or even a Tier 1 investor visa.

Overall, the Graduate Route is a valuable opportunity for international students who have graduated from a UK educational institution to gain work experience in their field of study for a period of up to two years. However, it's important to plan ahead and understand the application process and eligibility requirements, as well as other potential opportunities for long-term work in the UK.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending