The Student Room Group

'Light Skinned Black Girls'. Do they exist on TSR?

Why is it, that whenever a light skinned black girl is shown in a picture on TSR, there is always a response (usually within the first few posts) that goes, 'she's mixed' or 'she's not really black' or 'she's got white features'? Really?. What is your definition of 'black skin' and 'black features'? So dark and close to literal 'black' that the girl is unnattractive enough to be deemed black? Lips so big she's unnattractive enough to be deemed black? Ridiculous.

Referring to the issue of 'white features', the most white people don't have the features these girls have, and while in the media these features are often seen on white people (and, lets be real, irl too), there's no monopoly on them. These features are common in various other countries, surprisingly to some people, even central and southern african ones.

Getting back to the issue of black skin:

If your view of a beautiful black woman is limited to this....

.....I pity you. And (yes, I started with 'and') while she is beautiful, there are many shades of what is called 'black', and as a person who has been in the darkest parts of africa, you'd be surprised how beautifully dark OR beautifully light a person of black heritage can be.

Finally, let me finish by saying that there are many shades of white too, from very pale to dark olive, many white people look mixed raced or are born with a natural tan.

Let's be a bit more open minded.
Expecting negs.

SuperGuy :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought this issue had been settled in the 'Black Girls Appreciation' thread :lol:
I thought those girls were mixed race if they have light black skin :dontknow: So can't technically be considered black. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: saddos negging me. so what if I confuse black and mixed race. like I care?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by JaiiStarh
I thought this issue had been settled in the 'Black Girls Appreciation' thread :lol:

This is more of a response to that thread, and many others.
Reply 4
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I thought those girls were mixed race if they have light black skin :dontknow: So can't technically be considered black. Correct me if I'm wrong.

'light black skin'.
Reply 5
Original post by SuperGuy
This is more of a response to that thread, and many others.

Fair enough. The whole light skin girl thing has always confused me anyway. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it for me....
Reply 6

By the way, I'm not denying that many pictures of people who are clearly NOT black are posted, but what it takes for a person to be regarded as black is just laughable to me.
By the way, I'm not denying that many pictures of people who are clearly NOT black are posted, but what it takes for a person to be regarded as black is just laughable to me.

Well ok, what's your definition of black?

Rihanna is mixed race, right?

What about other black girls?
I know, I'm from an 'all black' family of 7. 2 of my siblings are very light one is fairly dark and I'd always considered myself medium but apparently on here I might be called 'light' too :/ I hate all this 'true black person' business.

Yeah she's mixed race but there are black girls (with two black parents) who are just as light.
Reply 10

Yes, but the mistake people make is to assume that there are few black people, purely of african heritage (at least, as much as possible) who are as light as she is.
Black people?

On TSR?

WHERE?
Reply 12
^^^^^^^^

Original post by Nomes89
Yeah she's mixed race but there are black girls (with two black parents) who are just as light.

Great Minds. :wink:
This is what I do not understand. Surely the majority of the time when a black person is light,that means they have some white in them,or another ethnicity in them....even if it is somewhere quite far back in their blood?

In my family,there are light skin people,but we know they have Chinese,Indian or German in them from their Grandmothers or Great Grandmothers. However,they refer to themselves as black,not mixed race. That makes sense right?
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
Black people?

On TSR?

WHERE?

:wavey:
Being mixed race shouldn't exclude you from being considered black. I'm not saying that the "one drop" rule is correct, but I don't think people should be excluded from a race just because of their mixed parentage. I am mixed race, my mother is Zambian and my father is Caucasian. I find it very offensive when people say to me "you're not black!" because of my white features and my light skin. I know that myself, and many other mixed race people, struggle with the idea of exclusion from their race. I consider myself both black and white, yet many people would not consider me a member of either.
^^^^^^^^

Great Minds. :wink:

That they do :biggrin:
Reply 17
Rihanna is fully black...
Rihanna is black!!!
Reply 19

Original post by Nomes89

Rhianna is not mixed race she IS black. Half BLACK Bajan and half BLACK Guyanese. She is a light skinned black girl. You guys need to take a trip to the carribean and see the different shades that the black people have.
EDIT: Since some people on TSR need everything explaining to you. I meant we as in people like me who are from the caribbean. I have changed it to the black people so as not to confuse those of lower intelligence. Since The thread is about black people, I thought it'd be obvious that I was talking only about the black people in the caribbean but as some of you seem to assume otherwise, I would like to make it clear that 'I am not implying that everyone in the caribbean is black'. Again I have made this change.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending