The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Admission

Original post by Admission
Firstly well done for those who have made it to pharmacy

Secondly: My opinion is BBC / BCC is the the absolute minimum to survive a pharmacy degree and be a safe pharmacist at the end of the day.

For those who with any lower they really need to reconsider what they are doing. They display a distinct lack of self awareness of themselves and the fact that pharmacy is not just an ordinary degree. Pharmacy is essentially training professionals to:

1) Ensure that patients receive effective and safe medication with the appropriate education

2) To ensure that themselves or any other member of the healthcare team do not harm patients with medication or advice.

To be asked to give someone a chance on a pharmacy degree with CDD is quite frankly ridiculous. Please take a dose of reality three times a day.

how do you know about this???
I got AAB offer from my firm Huddersfield cuz I got really bad at AS Level (BCDE). But now I'm up to BBB overall and trying to get AAB, but if I get BBB, do you think they would accept me?

I have an A in EPQ to compensate for the E at AS Level
Reply 162
Original post by INeedToRevise
UEA offered me BSc science with a foundation year. After completing and acheiving 75% in first year you transfer onto the MPharm course.

DID u get that offer through clearing ?
Original post by godknows

you planning on applying for pharmacy through clearing???
Reply 164
Original post by undertaker1
you planning on applying for pharmacy through clearing???

noo I already got my offers and have firmed manchester and put UEA as insurance .. but just in case if I don't meet the requirements of AAB than I was thinking of applying to their foundation course at these unis through clearing .. because these are the two unis I really want to to go to :frown:
noo I already got my offers and have firmed manchester and put UEA as insurance .. but just in case if I don't meet the requirements of AAB than I was thinking of applying to their foundation course at these unis through clearing .. because these are the two unis I really want to to go to :frown:

oh ok cool, you defo need AAB with manchester, not to sure about UEA. i think the AA also have to be in chem and bio????

you reckon manchester will have places in clearning??? they dont have any in ucas extra
If i don't get my grades, in particular I think Biology could potentially let me down with not getting the B, then I won't go into clearing.

I'll probably just apply for next year if that's the case.
Reply 167
oh ok cool, you defo need AAB with manchester, not to sure about UEA. i think the AA also have to be in chem and bio????

you reckon manchester will have places in clearning??? they dont have any in ucas extra

I emailed them both and manchester said they won't be going in clearing neither for the actual pharmacy course nor for the foundation one where as UEA will decide on the results day ... and for UEA they just asked for AAB in any subjects but manchester asked for it in chem and maths [i do bio chem and maths.. but my maths is much stronger than my bio ]

Are you planning to apply through clearing?
Reply 168
Original post by James A
If i don't get my grades, in particular I think Biology could potentially let me down with not getting the B, then I won't go into clearing.

I'll probably just apply for next year if that's the case.

Would you go with your insurance - reading if you don't get the grades for UEA? BTW even though i put UEA as my insurance I really regret it .. I actually want to go there more than manchester now :frown:
I emailed them both and manchester said they won't be going in clearing neither for the actual pharmacy course nor for the foundation one where as UEA will decide on the results day ... and for UEA they just asked for AAB in any subjects but manchester asked for it in chem and maths [i do bio chem and maths.. but my maths is much stronger than my bio ]

no no lol, i've got into aston but i dont really want to go there lol, i'll probably apply through extra
Reply 170
no no lol, i've got into aston but i dont really want to go there lol, i'll probably apply through extra

ohh i see.. well good luck :biggrin:
Reply 171

Hello :smile:
Does UEA have to accept all its applicants, before it can go into clearing?
Reply 172
Original post by ak137
Hello :smile:
Does UEA have to accept all its applicants, before it can go into clearing?

Yep..So basically all the people who put UEA as firm/insurance and meet their requirements will need to be accepted and then if their are any places left it goes in clearing :smile:
Reply 173
Yep..So basically all the people who put UEA as firm/insurance and meet their requirements will need to be accepted and then if their are any places left it goes in clearing :smile:

Ah okay thanks :colondollar:

Yepp got it through clearing but I decided not to go for it in the end as I had another offer for Pharmacy.
Reply 175
Original post by INeedToRevise
Yepp got it through clearing but I decided not to go for it in the end as I had another offer for Pharmacy.

oh alright.. thanks.. if you don't mind me asking which univ was it that you chose over UEA?
(edited 11 years ago)
oh alright.. thanks.. if you don't mind me asking which univ was it that you chose over UEA?

Wrote a looong message so I PM'd you instead :smile:
Original post by Tariq786
i know someone who got into pharmacy at kingston and i think they did pharmacology at kingston for 1 year

i also know someone who did 1 year biomedical at bradford university and achieved nearly 70% and was offered to do pharmacy at bradford university.

pick wisely. and contact the universities before-hand. good luck!

what a level grades did ure friend have for bradford pharmacy?
Original post by amazon123456789
what a level grades did ure friend have for bradford pharmacy?

CCCC (all at alevel)
Original post by Tariq786
CCCC (all at alevel)

cool thanks. did he go bradford uni and do biomed there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending