The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloe555
I don't know I'm going to ring them
And find out Monday. I don't think so though, if anything it seems easier! I've done the practice they have online and the mental maths questions have the key info displayed. Not sure if that the same For all though. I'll try to find out Monday. What are you going to do the prepare this time?

Okay cool let us know what they say :smile: hopefully it's easier!! But yeah thanks to 'pineapple pie' I will be using numeracy ready because she recommended it. Also bought the "passing the numeracy skill test" book hopefully that will be helpful aswell!
What is numeracy ready? A book or website?
Original post by Panda828
Okay cool let us know what they say :smile: hopefully it's easier!! But yeah thanks to 'pineapple pie' I will be using numeracy ready because she recommended it. Also bought the "passing the numeracy skill test" book hopefully that will be helpful aswell!

Good luck! Yeah I do literally think we were just unlucky cos I passed like 35 numeracy tests beforehand haha. Numeracy ready is great
Original post by Zoe_88
What is numeracy ready? A book or website?

It's a website. It's £20 for twenty practice papers and video tutorials
It's a website. It's £20 for twenty practice papers and video tutorials

That's not too bad. Think I'll have to get that as my maths really is atrocious! Thank you :-)
Original post by Zoe_88
That's not too bad. Think I'll have to get that as my maths really is atrocious! Thank you :-)

So is mine! I have used it and passed all and before I was doing really badly. Although I failed mine today by two marks, but seems like I just got one of the super tricky tests! Hoping for a better one next time :smile:
So is mine! I have used it and passed all and before I was doing really badly. Although I failed mine today by two marks, but seems like I just got one of the super tricky tests! Hoping for a better one next time :smile:

That's comforting thanks. Sounds like you were just a bit unlucky. At least you get three chances to take it
Original post by Zoe_88
That's comforting thanks. Sounds like you were just a bit unlucky. At least you get three chances to take it

Yeah I think so. Good luck with yours. A lot of people have said to me they found theirs easier then the practice ones, hopefully that'll be the case for us
I'm really eager to get my application sent off. Also so I can take my QTS tests. How long did everyone have to wait for their references? Both of mine were expecting me to list them in my application but it's been 7 days now. Shall I email them to remind them?
Original post by rachaelamyy
I'm really eager to get my application sent off. Also so I can take my QTS tests. How long did everyone have to wait for their references? Both of mine were expecting me to list them in my application but it's been 7 days now. Shall I email them to remind them?

Give them a lil bit longer, at the very least 10 working days :smile:
Original post by swarfliam
Give them a lil bit longer, at the very least 10 working days :smile:
Thanks! :smile: I don't want to be a pain haha but I just want to apply! Seeing everybody get places and interviews is making me nervous!
Original post by Airfairy
I have no GCSE, A-Level or degree in R.E. (my degree is in politics). I did the Culham St Gabriel's SKE, which was pretty useless but it helps for applications. So basically I have no subject knowledge :awesome: . Tell her not to worry though because in my placement school there is only one R.E. teacher out of four who has a R.S. degree. One of the best R.E. teachers in the school has a sociology degree.

In terms of getting a place, it really depends on the uni. I don't feel it's been an issue at any uni I applied to. We have people on my course with all sorts of degrees, including music! However it may be more competitive this year seeing as there is a grant for R.E. whereas there wasn't last year. I feel the lack of subject knowledge when I'm teaching sometimes which can be awkward, but oh well.

Hope she gets on okay!

That's made her feel a lot better. Thank you!
Anyone else got an interview for the 11th December for general primary in Cumbria?
Does anyone know if there are any more practice tests available for the new literacy test (with punctuation section)? Also, on the one that is available, is there a way to find out where you went wrong?! When I look at the answers, it just gives me a score for the punctuation section, with no details about what was right or wrong.
Has anyone had their numeracy test on a Saturday? I'm just wondering how it was as I had mine on a Friday and it was a nightmare! Nothing like the practice papers at all. I'm not feeling superstitious about booking it on a Friday again!
Those who went to the IOE interview on the 26th of November, how was it?
I'm actually terrified about the level of questioning there is. And how was the 5 min presentation?
Original post by becksy101
Hey guys did anyone else have trouble with the PGCE application word count? It keeps saying i'm 2 lines over but I have like 535 characters left?! I don't understand!! So frustrating!

I have the same issues!!

I need to get rid of 4 lines but have 9 characters left..

WTF!
Original post by jameslad
I have the same issues!!

I need to get rid of 4 lines but have 9 characters left..

WTF!

This just happens with everyone. The character thing isn't worth looking at!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I get rid of the lines?

Do I just have to cut out 4 lines worth of characters?

That's a big chunk!
Original post by jameslad
How do I get rid of the lines?

Do I just have to cut out 4 lines worth of characters?

That's a big chunk!

Unfortunately so :/. I had to get rid of 6! Which was basically a paragraph! So I feel your pain. Just read through and see if there is any sentences you can reword to make them shorter or take out completely. Then I kept pasting it back in to see how much it had taken out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending