The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redmel1621
Well done to everyone getting offers.

I am still waiting on a reply from Chester. It seems they have replied to all the primary applicants today so fingers crossed for a reply on Monday.
Sadly I got an unsuccessful from Liverpool John Moores.. I had a feeling it would be a no simply because I completely screwed up an interview question and they seemed to go a bit frosty from there on. Obviously once I walked out the room I thought of a few fantastic answers... never mind..

I did get an email today offering me an interview at Edge Hill so I will go to that in January regardless of Chester's reply.

What question was it, if you don't mind me asking
Original post by jameslad
What question was it, if you don't mind me asking

How would you teach 'A Christmas Carol' to a year 7 class. I just blanked tbh.. Couldn't think of anything sensible on the fly, and under interview conditions, so ended up talking gibberish lol.

In all honesty I think that is pretty tricky to think of a lesson plan (which is what they were asking for) off the top of my head like that.

I am pretty sure I answered everything else pretty well so am putting it down to that as the reason I was rejected.
Reply 3042
Original post by Fizzabella
Schools requirements to actively 'promote' British values.

Original post by Fizzabella
Schools requirements to actively 'promote' British values.

Original post by jr18
I done mine on wether TA's help or hinder the progress of students. Read an article that said they tend to just spoon feed the students the information rather than questioning them and challenging them whilst giving them the relevant information to help them succeed. I said it's mainly down to the way that the class teacher delegates the tasks to the TA's to which the interviewer agreed and said that they always tell their trainee teachers to come up with an action plan for the TA's that address that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank-you for the suggestions x
So I got into UEA ☺️☺️☺️ so relieved! Felt like I was waiting for ages! Is anyone else going there? Or looking to house share for September? Xx
Original post by twaughthammer
Sorry guys another question :confused:
We're only allowed to put 3 schools/colleges/universities we've been to but I moved around and went to two colleges. Should i not put in what uni i went to cause the add a degree section comes later on or take out one of my colleges? Don't want them to think I took a year out and my a level dates are confusing. Anyone been in a similar situation?

I did my school and 2 colleges in the "institutions attended" section and then my uni in the degree section later. Haven't had any problems with it so I'm assuming that's fine!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just firmed Chester for Primary PGCE in September, anyone else going there? :smile:
Passed my literacy and numeracy tests today and have accepted Durham from the 3 offers. Phew, now what will I do with my time now I don't have to revise!?
Original post by luciecraven
So I got into UEA ☺️☺️☺️ so relieved! Felt like I was waiting for ages! Is anyone else going there? Or looking to house share for September? Xx

Well done!! I got a rejection notice from UEA yesterday, boo. Oh well! I'd kind of felt like I hadn't got it anyway. I have a feeling we might have interviewed on the same day...?
Original post by mammamia:0
Just firmed Chester for Primary PGCE in September, anyone else going there? :smile:

Congrats! I applied to Chester three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them :frown: I know they only have about 40 places so I'm hoping they've not all already gone. It's my first choice now though
Original post by Zoe_88
Congrats! I applied to Chester three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them :frown: I know they only have about 40 places so I'm hoping they've not all already gone. It's my first choice now though

Im sure they must still have places! Hope you hear from them soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
I'm going to an interview in Hope, Liverpool on Thursday for PGCE English secondary. Just wondering if anyone has attended one already and what type of interview questions that were asked?!
Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puddleduck81
Passed my literacy and numeracy tests today and have accepted Durham from the 3 offers. Phew, now what will I do with my time now I don't have to revise!?

Hey when was your durham interview and when were you notified of their decision?
Original post by Angelanisa
Hey when was your durham interview and when were you notified of their decision?

My interview was 18 November and received the offer 4th dec so 2.5wks.
Hi everyone.

I've got my interview in school for my first choice school direct place....i've passed the university interview part so this is the final stage. There is only 1 place for the D&T place so i'm petrified!! Can anyone give any advice tips on similar experiences? like what did the school ask you to do....how long were you there etc...

Thank you in advance. :smile:
Hey everyone...wanting some advice for the 10 minute teaching input at my school direct interview next week.

Applying for Secondary MFL and I have to teach a 10 minute input to the panel (aimed at KS3). We were given 4 options so that was okay. They've not asked for a lesson plan or any supporting documents. But - do you think I should prepare a brief handout for the panel with the objectives etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Niamh88
Hi
I'm going to an interview in Hope, Liverpool on Thursday for PGCE English secondary. Just wondering if anyone has attended one already and what type of interview questions that were asked?!
Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I haven't actually been for interview there but lots of applicants at John Moores had and they said it was really informal. If I don't get into Chester or Edge Hill I will be applying there for apply 2 (if there are any spaces left). I am also doing English Secondary.

Come back and tell us what the interview was like :smile:
Got an offer from Manchester Met for Secondary History the day after my interview... Shock.Relief! Can't quite decide what to do with myself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by liberate
Got an offer from Manchester Met for Secondary History the day after my interview... Shock.Relief! Can't quite decide what to do with myself.

Congratulations!! I have an interview tomorrow and was wondering, since you were successful, if you had any tips please? :smile:
Got an offer from Cardiff MEt for Secondary History woooo!
Got my last interview at a potential schools direct place on tuesday - at least the pressure is off.
Original post by Sim245
I've also applied to BCU and UCB. Birmingham was my first choice but I'm starting have some doubts. Mainly because of the amount of support offered, I know BCU are great for that. From my undergrad studies, UoB had a focus on independent learning. Which was fine then, but the PGCE is so intensive...

I haven't heard back from BCU yet (interview was only 3 days ago) so I'll have some more time to mull over my decision. Track for Birmingham is still showing as blank. The offer email did say that it can take up to 2 weeks for it to update though.

What were your other choices?

Hi, what course did you apply for there I have my BCU interview for drama secondary PGCE this week and I am terrified..any advice on what to expect on the day?
Leah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending