The Student Room Group

Application

I just got my AS result today and they are pretty bad.
I just did CIE AS in Biology and Chemistry. I got a C and D respectively. Definitely not happy with it. I won't resit as I have seen some student's getting the same grade after resit. Instead I will do both biology am chemistry privately.
What I want to know is there still chance to get a better grade after A2? Then i want to hopefully do Maths AS and do UKCAT.

Will this be good enough to do medicine in a good UK university such as Queen Mary?
Original post by Blueberry latte
I just got my AS result today and they are pretty bad.
I just did CIE AS in Biology and Chemistry. I got a C and D respectively. Definitely not happy with it. I won't resit as I have seen some student's getting the same grade after resit. Instead I will do both biology am chemistry privately.
What I want to know is there still chance to get a better grade after A2? Then i want to hopefully do Maths AS and do UKCAT.

Will this be good enough to do medicine in a good UK university such as Queen Mary?

I'm not sure why you think resitting as a private candidate will make a difference to your grade. It will make some things harder - practical assessments, for example. You can certainly improve on your grades by resitting, but it would be better to do it by being taught, in my view.

I have to be honest here and say that those grades are not going to cut it for medicine and resitting doesn't solve the problem always. I'll move this into the medicine forum for others to add to this.
Reply 2
As far as I know about the entry requirements about medicine and Queen Mary which is an uni amongst the top in UK, you cannot even apply? Please correct me if I am wrong and btw some unis do not even accept resits :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending