The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover Graduate/Undergraduate Schemes?

Has anyone got any experience with these? Do you need an insanely ridiculous outstanding CV to be considered?
Reply 1
Original post by annnnnnnn
Has anyone got any experience with these? Do you need an insanely ridiculous outstanding CV to be considered?

I don't know about insanely outstanding CV, but yes the JLR scheme is very competitive.
I did the undergraduate scheme and got a graduate offer to start in September, from last years undergraduates of which their were ~250, there were over 6000 applications if that helps in anyway. Your CV is important, but you'll need to pass the online tests before they even take a look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, i wanted if i would still be able to apply for the graduate scheme if i have a pharmacology degree
There are certain graduate schemes which don't require a degree from a specific discipline, for example engineering. You'll have to wait until the applications open for the next graduate scheme (starting September 2017) open in a few months time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You just have to be good at the tests and in the assessment centre to get the gig. When I applied, I didn't have to submit a CV. If you want to work there, but don't want to go into a grad scheme, register as an agency worker and apply for direct entry (contractor).
Reply 6
Do you have any more information on how to register as an agency worker? What's the name of the agency? And what's the direct entry
Reply 7
Original post by jkingy12345
I did the undergraduate scheme and got a graduate offer to start in September, from last years undergraduates of which their were ~250, there were over 6000 applications if that helps in anyway. Your CV is important, but you'll need to pass the online tests before they even take a look!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it hard to get the graduate role? I've got an undergraduate role starting soon! I'm scared of not being able to do the work lol, how did you feel?
Original post by Patharn
Is it hard to get the graduate role? I've got an undergraduate role starting soon! I'm scared of not being able to do the work lol, how did you feel?

How'd that work out for you?
Reply 9
I applied to the Analytics programme a few days back.
Have you got a response from them yet, also what is there application process?
Reply 11
Original post by Ammmmnah

Yup, I've got a couple days left to do the SJTs.

https://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/content/How-We-Recruit/?locale=en_GB#HWR-EC
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by mohammed Ahamed
How'd that work out for you?

Yeah it's not bad, so I'm a few projects helping to save costs and all, everyone's helpful in my team ! I thought I'd be doing something else tbh
Reply 13

Just be wary, this year may not be easy for you guys..
Original post by Patharn
Just be wary, this year may not be easy for you guys..

what makes you say that?
Reply 15
All the cut backs/restructure I guess. Would be a little odd if Brexit affected graduate recruitment though.

Have you completed the SJTs, how were they?
Reply 17
Have you completed the SJTs, how were they?

I personally found them easier than the Civil Service variant, but I still didnt get through lol
Original post by gpgdk
I personally found them easier than the Civil Service variant, but I still didnt get through lol

The first couple of application are always the practise until you get better. Have you got any tips or advice I can take on board when completing the tests.
Original post by Patharn
Yeah it's not bad, so I'm a few projects helping to save costs and all, everyone's helpful in my team ! I thought I'd be doing something else tbh

tell me about it....*sigh*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending