The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Commercial Paper
At least for those who use Hire Right to do background screening, they'll request a contact and then contact them to verify you worked there when you said you did.

oh okay. seems fair enough thanks.
Original post by H.H.P.C.
From the looks of it they have opened the Assurance applications for the Spring intake for Scotland, London and offices near London (St Albans, Uxbridge, Reading)

Was this definitely for 2017 intake? I can't find any details on their website

Definitely. They've opened 2017 intake early for some universities. I had a direct link to the early application via my university.
anyone know when school leaver applications open?
Anyone have a PwC interview coming up for 2017?
Reply 24
Original post by Commercial Paper
At least for those who use Hire Right to do background screening, they'll request a contact and then contact them to verify you worked there when you said you did.

Do they only check what you put on cv or what you say in telephone interview as well?

Also how do they check university society positions?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Codetto
Do they only check what you put on cv or what you say in telephone interview as well?

Also how do they check university society positions?

They just check if you indeed held the positions you listed, at the companies you listed, in the dates you listed.
Reply 26
Original post by KTS89
They just check if you indeed held the positions you listed, at the companies you listed, in the dates you listed.

Lol so what's stopping people from providing an accurate CV but completely bs'ing their phone interview and assessment centre interview?
Got an assessment day booked in for Weds 14th September. It says location still to be confirmed so I'll have to check that out.
Reply 28
Original post by Matthew7
Got an assessment day booked in for Weds 14th September. It says location still to be confirmed so I'll have to check that out.

Congrats, is this audit?
Reply 29
Original post by Codetto
Lol so what's stopping people from providing an accurate CV but completely bs'ing their phone interview and assessment centre interview?

Nothing, everyone magnifies their experiences and skills in interviews.
Reply 30

well done, what firm is this for?
Original post by e^x
well done, what firm is this for?

PwC London April start
PwC London April start

Which service line?
Assurance.
Original post by Codetto

I think there's a tacit acceptance that everyone embellishes the truth when answering really specific phone interview questions like "tell me about a time when your leadership skills influenced another person's contribution to a group activity".Hey, even answers to questions like "tell me about a time when you actively sought feedback" are going to be naturally exaggerated, simply because the real answer to that question (if answered honestly) would be totally mundane and boring and amount to little more than "I didn't know how to do X, so I asked teacher/professor/boss about how to do/improve X ...and then did so".
Anyone done the digital submission for KPMG?
Did you apply?
I'm wanting to apply to the Big 4 for 2017 entry for school leavers, might anyone know the dates of entry?
Reply 38
Anyone who has applied to EY can u pls tell me what the give tests are (as according to their website there's 5 this year not 4)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by rd123456
Anyone who has applied to EY can u pls tell me what the give tests are (as according to their website there's 5 this year not 4)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have u applied? Do u know how long it takes to get the tests?

On one of the EY pages it also says 3 tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending