The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Applied super late for student finance freaking out

Ok guys, I am on the verge of having a full blown panic attack. I JUST applied for student finance so yes. Extremely late. And now, to make things worse, I CANT REGISTER WITH MY UNIVERSITY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A FUNDING CONFIRMATION. WHAT. DO. I. DO. Pleeease someone give me some advice, I have emailed the University but they haven't replied yet and there is only one week until freshers. Also, I haven't received my student ID number in the post! (living abroad). Please someone tell me what to doooo.
Reply 1
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me! I do this every year...

Ok, first... CALM DOWN! It's 2am on Monday morning. Go to bed, have a nice sleep, sort this out tomorrow... you can't do anything right now haha.

Second... I applied really late in 1st yr too... and 2nd yr, 3rd yr... are you seeing a pattern? This year was my last chance to get it done on time, why change a habit I guess.

I don't know about your uni but I assume most are the same. We have until the 31st October to register. Check what your registration date is. Most people don't do it until they're at uni. If you do your student finance tomorrow or some point this week you should have confirmation in time for sure. Just call up your university tomorrow and they will put you through to either the financial department or registration department and you can explain to them and they'll let you know what the situation is.

It will be fine, don't worry.

edit -

ok so I just checked out Leeds for you...
http://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10102/registration/649/registration_events_and_schedules

registration only opened like 2 weeks ago you certainly will have a lot of time before it closes!
(edited 7 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Moura
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me! I do this every year...

Ok, first... CALM DOWN! It's 2am on Monday morning. Go to bed, have a nice sleep, sort this out tomorrow... you can't do anything right now haha.

Second... I applied really late in 1st yr too... and 2nd yr, 3rd yr... are you seeing a pattern? This year was my last chance to get it done on time, why change a habit I guess.

I don't know about your uni but I assume most are the same. We have until the 31st October to register. Check what your registration date is. Most people don't do it until they're at uni. If you do your student finance tomorrow or some point this week you should have confirmation in time for sure. Just call up your university tomorrow and they will put you through to either the financial department or registration department and you can explain to them and they'll let you know what the situation is.

It will be fine, don't worry.

edit -

ok so I just checked out Leeds for you...
http://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10102/registration/649/registration_events_and_schedules

registration only opened like 2 weeks ago you certainly will have a lot of time before it closes!

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel so much more relieved, I thought I was the only one lol. I will ring them tomorrow and go to bed now haha. Honestly, thank you so much. ❤️🙏🏼
Reply 3
Original post by Fifitheflower
Thank you so much for your reply, I feel so much more relieved, I thought I was the only one lol. I will ring them tomorrow and go to bed now haha. Honestly, thank you so much. ❤️🙏🏼

haha no problem, I'm pretty sure I went through the same panic 3 years ago :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest