The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There are nice and horrible people everywhere. Everyone is different and every persons perception is different. Who you think is horrible someone else will be friends with. It's all about how you handle a situation :smile:
Reply 2
philip2004
So i was probably sensitive but am i right in saying there's probably horrible people in every job. :smile:

yup
Reply 3
i like architects. they are very nice.
you've got to be to get through 7 years of uni and end up earning less than some git who did economics and is now in IB.

yes. i did work experience with some architects. lovely people... gave me cookies every day, didn't let me make coffee or anything.

be an architect :smile:
Reply 4
sleepyeba
i like architects. they are very nice.
you've got to be to get through 7 years of uni and end up earning less than some git who did economics and is now in IB.

yes. i did work experience with some architects. lovely people... gave me cookies every day, didn't let me make coffee or anything.

be an architect :smile:

cool. i met a nice girl who did forensic science. i think i'll do french language.
Reply 5
ha ha good luck with that
Aww! *hugs phillip2004* yeah I know how you feel. It seems like there's mean people everywhere, but it has nothing to do with you in any way. Often it could just be something little like the weather for instance.

Well I don't know about jobs, but I usually find that Arts and Psychology students are a bit more easier to talk to and get to know than Law students - at least at my uni, but it's all relative and there are of course exceptions to every rule.

It also depends on your personality - who you get along with (character wise) and what your interests are. What are some jobs you think you'd enjoy doing the most, for example? I'd seek out to make friends with those with a similar disposition.

DB_x
Reply 7
Haha, why isn't it rather naive to request such a thing in this day and age? People suck. :tongue:
Reply 8
philip2004
So i was probably sensitive but am i right in saying there's probably horrible people in every job. :smile:

Yes. The hierarchies which exist within management structures often create individuals who resent those above them and despise those below them...

There are such poisoned individuals everywhere...

Aitch
Reply 9
Well as long as you like yourself I suppose a self-employed job :biggrin:
Reply 10
danni_bella83
Aww! *hugs phillip2004* yeah I know how you feel. It seems like there's mean people everywhere, but it has nothing to do with you in any way. Often it could just be something little like the weather for instance.

Well I don't know about jobs, but I usually find that Arts and Psychology students are a bit more easier to talk to and get to know than Law students - at least at my uni, but it's all relative and there are of course exceptions to every rule.

It also depends on your personality - who you get along with (character wise) and what your interests are. What are some jobs you think you'd enjoy doing the most, for example? I'd seek out to make friends with those with a similar disposition.

DB_x

Ofcourse Law students need to practice how to be rude, how else will they become skilled lawyers? :biggrin:
philip2004

tis correct! :biggrin: but neva mind... there's also nice people too!
social work.
Solitary confinement
Reply 14
What about being a teacher--the only teacher in a small school?
Kids can't be that bad. And if they are, just give them some sleeping pills.
lol you saw that episode of Oprah too huh
Reply 16
philip2004

If you're not a total b@st@rd, you could work for yourself :smile:
Reply 17
Lighthouse Keeper?

Latest

Trending

Trending