The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by dizzeedollee
just found out that someone my friend knows has just got an interview for med at birmingham O: that makes me both terrified and impatient xD

if you have applied to RVC and if you are interviewed you wont hear about a place until next March!!!:frown:
Reply 1981
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Hey.
Brizzle, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh :smile:
Hahaa, same here... never want to see a p.s. again :biggrin:

is that the same as last year? Fingers and everything crossed for you this year!!:smile:
Reply 1982
Been acknowledged by Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool now :smile: Maybe Nottingham wait until after the October 15th deadline? Or they could be sending something out in the post.
Good luck guys! Notts and RVC send you postcards to acknowledge your application and then you have to do the Notts online questionnaire. RVC is notoriously slow for everything - although they start interviewing in Nov/Dec most are in Feb/March - and you won't usually hear from Notts about interviews till January so don't worry yet!
Got my acknowledgement from Bristol yesterday :smile:
I've also looked at how they sort through their vet school applications, a link to a document explaining how they do it was included in the email i got from them (if that makes any sense lol)

Basically, they have said that AS grades won't be factored into their decision to interview if the subject is being carried on to A2. Which is great news for me as I only got a B in chemistry last year!
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Hey.
Brizzle, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh :smile:
Hahaa, same here... never want to see a p.s. again :biggrin:

fingers crossed that you get in this year.

and i can 100% support you because you're not applying to any of the universities that i'm applying to :tongue:
Original post by dizzeedollee
just found out that someone my friend knows has just got an interview for med at birmingham O: that makes me both terrified and impatient xD

Birmingham send out their interview invitations really really early. I know someone who had a Birmingham interview for Medicine in the October half term.
Original post by Mooseyboy
How is it all going guys???

Long story short: UCAS are sending their acknowledgements so the thread just exploded. :tongue:

How's Bristol treating you?
Original post by Conor-R
Grrr,:mad: my lasy arse careers teacher STILL hasn't sent my form away and he has had it for 3 weeks now!!

i checked on tuesday and mine still hadn't been sent when they've had it for 2 weeks, I should of checked today but i didn't think about it!
Original post by jordanelouise
i checked on tuesday and mine still hadn't been sent when they've had it for 2 weeks, I should of checked today but i didn't think about it!

I would of killed them by now, If mine hadn't done it by tuesday I was going to moan at them but they did it on monday
Original post by jordanelouise

my college only sent mine today after they'd had it for nearly three weeks.
My applications been sent off yay! My tutor attached by reference so all sorted now:smile: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol So what happens now, i just wait for information back from the unis? Do I have to do anything in the meantime. I know Edinburgh have a questionnaire I need to do. Do I do that now? Is the deadline for that 1st November? What about my other unis?
Reply 1992
Original post by KateMP
Just got my confirmation email from Edinburgh as well! :biggrin: So exciting. Can't believe they finally have my application...

What's the deal with EUCLID? Do we have to track our application on there instead of UCAS? Do the other vet schools have systems like this (which I haven't heard about) or is it just Edinburgh?

I think EUCLID is in addition to UCAS. I would have thought that any decision made will be posted in EUCLID and on our UCAS Track. Not sure if Edinburgh is the only one to do this though.
Reply 1993
Original post by Cetacea
I think EUCLID is in addition to UCAS. I would have thought that any decision made will be posted in EUCLID and on our UCAS Track. Not sure if Edinburgh is the only one to do this though.

Bristol have something you can log into as well to track your progress and research into stuff :smile:
Reply 1994
Original post by Beccy99
Bristol have something you can log into as well to track your progress and research into stuff :smile:

Oh right - is that the VIP page? It was sent to me yesterday in the acknowledgement.
is that what the bristol vip page is for? i thought it was just an area that contained a lot of information about interviews, etc so we wouldn't have to trawl through the bristol uni website to find it all D:
Im still on my IGCSE's, actually doing them right now XD what subjects should i do for AS and A level, my current combination is Accounts, Biology, Chemistry, English, English Lit, French, Physics, Maths, Statistics, Geography and Environmental Management.... my school lets me do up to 5 subjects for A levels so please help coz i got no idea where to start :-)
definately do biology and chemistry, and prob either of maths and physics, or if you like u can do both, then the last 1 or 2 choices are up to u.
Original post by gernumblies
Long story short: UCAS are sending their acknowledgements so the thread just exploded. :tongue:

How's Bristol treating you?

It's pretty immense tbh! You guys will LOVE it. Don't think you can appreciate the workload until you are here though and we are only lowly first years!!

Thread should go nuts soon then:smile:
Original post by Robpattinsonxxx
My applications been sent off yay! My tutor attached by reference so all sorted now:smile: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol So what happens now, i just wait for information back from the unis? Do I have to do anything in the meantime. I know Edinburgh have a questionnaire I need to do. Do I do that now? Is the deadline for that 1st November? What about my other unis?

yey! You've applied to the same unis as me! :biggrin: I think you're right about the edinburgh questionnaire, that should be filled out in the next couple of weeks and submitted to them by 1st nov.

now the unis have our applications, checking my emails has just got a whole lot scarier!:afraid: :headfire:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending