The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

chem4 isa tomoz :frown: i cant do them! and ive not heard from liverpool or bristol either, part from being "on hold" at bristol
Ahh I have a practice interview in college tomorrow with a woman who works in liverpool vet uni :/ I'm hoping if I make a good impression she'll be like I want that girl in my uni :biggrin:
Original post by dizzeedollee
^
good luck for your interview :smile:
and notts make their decisions after they've interviewed everyone so i'd guess at late march ^__^

Ah rightio, thanks for your help! :biggrin:

Original post by ellie157
Glad it went well! I know Nottingham have a reputation for being really lovely at interview so I'm quite looking forward to mine :smile: Good luck!

Thanks, hope your application goes good too!

Original post by jordanelouise
thanks for writing this as you've put my nerves down a little about my interview there!! It'll be my first interview for vet med and i'm so unbelievably nervous!! Do they put you at ease? My interviews on the 29th and i'm already majorly panicking!! :')

The interview is rather informal because they're all chatty and smiley but there's still nerves there, due to the fact you're being put on the spot. It's the same case, but less so, with the other two assessments. I would tell you not to panic, but whatever I say won't make much difference to you on the day. :tongue:
Original post by Lornaliz
I did a bit of detective work and it turns out the OP has applied for International Hospitality Management! So a bit of a change from vet med lol. :smile:

This thread's OP? Interesting. :redface:
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Ah rightio, thanks for your help! :biggrin:

Thanks, hope your application goes good too!

The interview is rather informal because they're all chatty and smiley but there's still nerves there, due to the fact you're being put on the spot. It's the same case, but less so, with the other two assessments. I would tell you not to panic, but whatever I say won't make much difference to you on the day. :tongue:

They were so nice <3 omg lol I messed up though :s-smilie::L
Original post by Angry cucumber
Johne's is one of the single biggest risks to the dairy industry in the next 10 years. It is rapidly spreading, as bigger dairies are meaning more movement of stock and more exposure to the disease.

Johne's resides in the cattle until they are fully mature before wasting them to death. So is untraceable (unless it is regularly tested for, which as of now it isn't) as when the cow starts to show signs it's too late as it will have been shedding the disease since it first became infected.

There was a big article on it during the summer in the Veterinary Times which I read on work experience - I wish I'd kept it!! :mad: There was also an article in Farmers weekly- I did keep that one :smile:

Thanks for microbial resistance - I'm a reading!! :biggrin:

Yeah I know what Johnes is (: and thanks for the news hehe..there is a possible connection with it and crohnes but theres much debate and research still going on ..A cow on my uncles farm had it :frown: she was culled she was lovely it was sad and her calf =[
Has anyone found out their score from their Bristol interview?
I got 2 so I don`t think much chance of an offer :frown: but don`t know how many 1`s they will have.
has anyone yet to get their bristol time? mine's at the end of the month and they still haven't sent me a time D:
Original post by dizzeedollee
has anyone yet to get their bristol time? mine's at the end of the month and they still haven't sent me a time D:

I know mines in the afternoon- but nothing else!! :biggrin:

When's your interview?
Just had my practice interview with a woman from liverpool uni and it went rubbish :'( I was proper nervous when she put me on the spot and she asked me how I would evaluate a scientifc investigation or some thing.
Reply 5990
I know this is a silly question, but for some reason my mind has gone blank!

When lambing we inject the twins and triplets with, ive got penicillin down?, is that what everyone else has used and why do we do this? Is it just to give them better protection because they wont have as much colostrum . . . ? any help much appreciated :biggrin:
I'm still holding my breath for RVC and Liverpool. But do Bristol have any more interviews to give out? If they do I find it quite rude, tbh, to keep rejects waiting this long before they're rejected =P I'd rather know I'm rejected sooner rather than later so I can start making plans for the year.
I had my Notts interview yesterday and absolutely loved it! Was just such a great experiance and all the staff and students there put me at ease and were very chill and friendly! For anyone who has an interview coming up, don't worry, just be yourself and you'll do great! :smile:
Original post by polly pie
I got 2 so I don`t think much chance of an offer :frown: but don`t know how many 1`s they will have.

There are scores?? I had an interview back in December and got an offer a few days later, but this is the first I've heard about scores .... what are they? And how do you find out? Just out of interest :smile:
Original post by KazSmurph
I'm still holding my breath for RVC and Liverpool. But do Bristol have any more interviews to give out? If they do I find it quite rude, tbh, to keep rejects waiting this long before they're rejected =P I'd rather know I'm rejected sooner rather than later so I can start making plans for the year.

totally agree! havent heard a thing since december, would like to know either way really, rather than waiting!! :confused: :colone:
Reply 5995
Original post by polly pie

How did you find out your score? I'm on hold after my interview in December and I don't know whether I'm 1 or 2 :smile:
Reply 5996
Original post by cionasmith
There are scores?? I had an interview back in December and got an offer a few days later, but this is the first I've heard about scores .... what are they? And how do you find out? Just out of interest :smile:

It's in the admissions statement :smile:

"Each team of interviewers is asked to place the applicants within one of three categories:
1. Exceptional
2. Acceptable
3. Unacceptable
The acceptable group is further broken down by order of merit (1 to 8). After each day of interviewing, offers are usually made within 48 hours to all exceptional candidates. Applicants ranked as either 1 or 2 in the acceptable group will be informed that they are being held; all other candidates will be informed that they have been unsuccessful at this stage. The on-hold applicants will be monitored by the Admissions Tutor throughout the session (November March) with further offers being made if places are available in February or March."
Original post by chunderseverywhere

Original post by chunderseverywhere
I had my Notts interview yesterday and absolutely loved it! Was just such a great experiance and all the staff and students there put me at ease and were very chill and friendly! For anyone who has an interview coming up, don't worry, just be yourself and you'll do great! :smile:

Can i ask what kind of things they ask? do they base it more on work experience, personal statement or their quistionaire thing? orr? And the practical handling of animals team work etc..do i need to wear clothes i can move around in?..
thaanks!
Reply 5998
UNCONDITIONAL LIVERPOOL OFFER! Can't quite believe it yet!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by scar-man
UNCONDITIONAL LIVERPOOL OFFER! Can't quite believe it yet!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

omg! well done!! :biggrin: when was your interview??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending